Front sight only for BUIS on AR-15

Yes, please let us know if you can reliably put rounds on target that way out to 100 yards. Then reduce your accuracy by 50% to simulate firing under stress. I have my doubts.

Why not just mount a proper set at a 45 degree offset?

View attachment 4875772
I agree. I just hate that Strike Industries made the Gridlock with an intergrated folding front sight but you can’t but a rear reciever with a built in rear sight. Having a quality rear buis and a questionable front buis bothers me. I like my stuff to match. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a quality rear buis with a lesser quality front sight. I went with the gridlock so I could have quick access to my adjustable gas block in an emergency. Plus the gridlock lite handguard looks awesome.

1x. Yes just the front sight.

I would run a back up sight with the 1x in front of it using their supplied high mount with a QD mount base. Similar to the pic I have in the thread but in front of the rear sight instead of cantilevered back. My brother has the 1x and runs a similar set up on a 10.5 in .300BO.

Or do what bear44 said and run offset.

Another question, can you remove the front sight and ad a quality sight like Troy? What about folding it down and running a sight using the pic rail? Is that possible? Sorry for the dumb questions I’m not familiar with that rail system.

F70DAF0E-C910-4439-A24A-39BCBAE1C17B.jpeg

Next time I go to the range I need to try it, I’ve heard a lot of folks using their optic as a bit of a rear sight and making good hits well beyond self-defense distances. Think I’ll run some drills with that next time I’m on the range

I found this which would be a good solution. I don’t think these ever made it into production. A built in front and rear sight would be awesome for a pdw. Waiting to hear back from Anderson Mnf(poverty pony express).

Attachments

• CBAC57C1-97D0-46F7-9582-B4B5BEE22952.png
    CBAC57C1-97D0-46F7-9582-B4B5BEE22952.png
    356.9 KB · Views: 10
If you are going to run BUIS, run BUIS. Front and rear. I don't have any experience with that rail, but that front sight looks awfully thin (flimsy) and susceptible to breaking and bending. I just don't see the potential benefit to that system, and then throw in stressors on top of the physical limitations. In theory, yeah, maybe it works ok. In practical application? I don't see it.

If you are going to run BUIS, run BUIS. Front and rear. I don't have any experience with that rail, but that front sight looks awfully thin (flimsy) and susceptible to breaking and bending. I just don't see the potential benefit to that system, and then throw in stressors on top of the physical limitations. In theory, yeah, maybe it works ok. In practical application? I don't see it.
That’s the way I’m leaning. Not sure why they even put the front sight post in the rail. Strike Industry has some cool stuff, but some is a bit out there and unneeded.

Back
Top Bottom