• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bug out Bag rifles, Kel-tec Sub 2000

barfife

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
35   0
Reaction score
Thoughts on Bug out Bag rifles:
I have gotten particularly fond of the Kel-tec Sub 2000. It folds to 16" long and can use handgun mags and it fits in a back pack or under a jacket. And it only weighs 4 lbs empty.

I like the idea of your side arm and your rifle sharing backup mags. The Sub 2000 comes in 9mm (glock or beretta) and 40 cal (glock).

In 9mm, you can hit pie plates at 100 yd and torso shots at 175 yds using just the iron(actually plastic folding) sites. Also 9mm is less expensive to become proficent with than 223 cal.

It isn't an AR15 nor is it trying to be. But at $300 new, I think it is a deal for the Survival minded.

I attached a pic of my two Kel-tecs. Both are 9mm glock (as are my side arms).

The one on the left is modified with metal high point front site, stock extension, attached mag pouch, laser and picatinny rail. As pictured with bag has 191 shot capibility (4x33, 2x17, 1x15, and 1x10 rds).

The one on right (wife's) is stock with the exception of a 4 rail system and green laser with 2x33 and 1x10 rds.

i55.tinypic.com_27zlz86.jpg

i56.tinypic.com_23lnig.jpg

Last edited:
Thought about getting one of these but decided against it. Hows the metal front sight working out, is it an aftermarket part or something you just rigged up?

its funny you post this today, as I was having this same conversation with soviettec this am. you are dead on about this as a bug out weapon. especially for a woman or teen, one of these and a glock 9mm pistol and some xtra magsare
a. easy to carry
b. easy to use
c. ammo is cheap and plentiful

it just make sense. You say they are $300 new?? do the bags or cases come with them or is that an accessory ?

I have been thinking about one of these for a few years as something to take with me when we go on long road trips to visit the wife's family.

I am purchasing a G17 this after noon and I already have another Glock in .40 so one of these would make sense in my battery of small arms.

I don't know if I'd use one of these as my bug out gun (I have AR's for that) but it would certainly be something I'd consider as a get home gun. Something you can wrap a plastic bag around and chuck behind the seat with a small day pack and forget.

Back
Top Bottom