• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BS at Governors gun Clubs

I can't understand why they'd want to keep such a log? Have there been a rash of unlicensed MGs or Title II items observed on their range?

Seems like Uber Fudd-dom to me.
More than likely some local ATF 'agent' has done his gun grabbing leftist-perceived duty and gone and intimidated the owner/operator about "how we gonna look into you and figure out how to tag you with a violation - (aka PRISON TIME) if you don't start logging all this stuff we want so we can add to our ILLEGAL gun registry (which BY LAW they are precluded from compiling, BTW)." They, with the FBI, DOJ, etc. are not our compatriots.

More than likely some local ATF 'agent' has done his gun grabbing leftist-perceived duty and gone and intimidated the owner/operator about "how we gonna look into you and figure out how to tag you with a violation - (aka PRISON TIME) if you don't start logging all this stuff we want so we can add to our ILLEGAL gun registry (which BY LAW they are precluded from compiling, BTW)." They, with the FBI, DOJ, etc. are not our compatriots.
Don't they already know all about me from my tax stamp applications?

**** them. Makes absolutely zero difference what their excuse is.

I went yesterday to shoot some 22 and enjoy myself at the indoor range in Powder Springs. As I was checking in I had to give my ID, which is fine. Then I get asked if I was going to shoot any NFA stuff. I have my legal, stamped 22 suppressor on a bolt gun so I said yes I do. They demanded to see my stamp, saying it was the law. I politely reminded them that it's not the law, only the ATF and IRS are legally allowed to demand NFA stuff, as it is a tax document.

One guy was like " Show me a picture of a stamp on your phone, I won't read it, I don't care what it says". OK fine, pulled it up.

THEN they say OK now fill out this log book. They opened it up to me to see a page of names, addresses, NFA items, and even serial numbers. Somebody around here has a nice collection, and your address is open for the world to see.

I absolutely refused this request, one being that it's personal and none of their business and two, I'm not looking to be part of a log book for homes to rob. Which was especially concerning given the very obvious broken front doors and gun cases within the range.

Based on the way they are putting unreasonable, inappropriate, and downright ignorant policies around something I, as a legal gun owner, have spent tons of times, money, and red tape on already to enjoy shooting I believe I'll be taking my business elsewhere until this policy is revoked.

We need all the 2A advocates we can get, especially in this day and age. Gun stores, ranges, and supply companies should be leading the charge in gun rights advocacy, not just making it even more onerous for legal gun owners to enjoy our hobbies and sports.
Wow what a buncha dumbasses.

Don't they already know all about me from my tax stamp applications?
Yes, they do. But they're all about trying to gather as much as fast and complete as they can so they can enter it into their stealth registries.

Remember Fast and Furious? Back during the first onset of its aftermath, reports came from at least one gun store in Arizona about ATF agents visiting gun stores to "inspect their Form 4473 records." What one of them did was to go and browbeat a store employee, asserting his 'inspection right' and began writing down information from EVERY Form 4473 they had. Luckily, the supervisor/owner found out and threw his ass out.

By Federal statute, they are precluded from compiling a gun registry, but they work like little worker ants tirelessly to compile their own (for 'their use' only) registries. ATF, FBI, DOJ, it don't matter...you try to FOIA them or depose them and they pull out the old national security BS and keep it from you....CRIMINALS, IMO.

I went yesterday to shoot some 22 and enjoy myself at the indoor range in Powder Springs. As I was checking in I had to give my ID, which is fine. Then I get asked if I was going to shoot any NFA stuff. I have my legal, stamped 22 suppressor on a bolt gun so I said yes I do. They demanded to see my stamp, saying it was the law. I politely reminded them that it's not the law, only the ATF and IRS are legally allowed to demand NFA stuff, as it is a tax document.

One guy was like " Show me a picture of a stamp on your phone, I won't read it, I don't care what it says". OK fine, pulled it up.

THEN they say OK now fill out this log book. They opened it up to me to see a page of names, addresses, NFA items, and even serial numbers. Somebody around here has a nice collection, and your address is open for the world to see.

I absolutely refused this request, one being that it's personal and none of their business and two, I'm not looking to be part of a log book for homes to rob. Which was especially concerning given the very obvious broken front doors and gun cases within the range.

Based on the way they are putting unreasonable, inappropriate, and downright ignorant policies around something I, as a legal gun owner, have spent tons of times, money, and red tape on already to enjoy shooting I believe I'll be taking my business elsewhere until this policy is revoked.

We need all the 2A advocates we can get, especially in this day and age. Gun stores, ranges, and supply companies should be leading the charge in gun rights advocacy, not just making it even more onerous for legal gun owners to enjoy our hobbies and sports.

Are you a member?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling BS on this. Literally just spoke with the owner. You can sign in and out items in NFA jail, but members are absolutely not required to log ANYTHING. This is the kind of blind hysteria that harms the 2A and firearms community.

IMG_2901.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom