• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

broadheads

I also shoot Satellite Blue Streak 5's and a similar 6 blade head that I use in a 2 blade configuration.
Below is a doe shot with a Blue Streak 5. Clean pass thru and a short blood trail that a novice tracker could've followed.

I've had similar results with the ST. I've been lucky to get good hits each time I've sent one flying. Deer is typically down inside of 50-75 yards, ridiculous blood trails, but you can usually see exactly where they go down. This one was a high angle shot from a tree stand, hence the lower exit wound.

i75.photobucket.com_albums_i287_mtdawg169_IMG_20111104_180940.jpg

Last edited:
I'm afraid to ask how old you are RdKill! I started out with Bear Razorheads and then Thunderheads almost 25 years ago. I tried expandables many moons ago and never could trust them. Just a mental thing, I suppose. It's been a while since I switched to the Slick Tricks. Solid steel ferrule and four thick fixed blades. They group better for me than the Thunderheads used to and have little to no drift, so they fly to the same POI as my field tips, all the way out to 60 yds. Plus, they are tough as nails and absolutely plow through a rib cage. Good stuff!

I'll be 50 if I survive till September.

I've had similar results with the ST. I've been lucky to get good hits each time I've sent one flying. Deer is typically down inside of 50-75 yards, ridiculous blood trails, but you can usually see exactly where they go down. This one was a high angle shot from a tree stand, hence the lower exit wound.

i75.photobucket.com_albums_i287_mtdawg169_IMG_20111104_180940.jpg

Nice. I love it when they fall within sight of the stand. If we do our part, the broadhead will do its part.

Last edited:
I've tried a bunch out of my Destoyer 340 and Swackers fly just like my field tips and pack a punch. Knocked a 200lb hog off her feet with a 22yd neck shot.

Back
Top Bottom