• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

broadheads

I have switched to the Ram Cats 100 grain. To me the rage did not shoot as well. I like the reviews flight and how the ram cats have the underside of the blade sharpened so if you do not have a pass through it cuts as the deer moves causing it to lay down closer than it originally would have.

I'm old school. I've been shooting 125 grain thunderheads since before a lot of you were born and since before the rest of you were Republicans. I do have a box full of naps though...I'll have to see how they fly before I make any changes. I refuse to shoot broadheads with moving parts...not happening.

I'm old school. I've been shooting 125 grain thunderheads since before a lot of you were born and since before the rest of you were Republicans. I do have a box full of naps though...I'll have to see how they fly before I make any changes. I refuse to shoot broadheads with moving parts...not happening.

I'm afraid to ask how old you are RdKill! I started out with Bear Razorheads and then Thunderheads almost 25 years ago. I tried expandables many moons ago and never could trust them. Just a mental thing, I suppose. It's been a while since I switched to the Slick Tricks. Solid steel ferrule and four thick fixed blades. They group better for me than the Thunderheads used to and have little to no drift, so they fly to the same POI as my field tips, all the way out to 60 yds. Plus, they are tough as nails and absolutely plow through a rib cage. Good stuff!

Bout the same here. Satellite 4C 145 grain heads on my recurve and Muzzys when I use the compound.

I also shoot Satellite Blue Streak 5's and a similar 6 blade head that I use in a 2 blade configuration.
Below is a doe shot with a Blue Streak 5. Clean pass thru and a short blood trail that a novice tracker could've followed.

Attachments

• 2012-10-02 11.13.24.jpg
    2012-10-02 11.13.24.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom