• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

broadheads

farmall41m

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
which broadheads do you guys like and why....me and some guys i hunt with shot the rage at the first part of the year and ive had bad luck and so did a friend of mine we both shot deer opening day.......i shot two one was a clean pass through and the other didnt and the one that didnt we found very small amounts of blood and the same thing happen to my buddy now ive changed to the grim reaper but i havent had a chance to use them i was just wondering which yall thought were good broadhead.....thanks

2 blade Rage have worked great for me. Held up well even when hitting big bones and make an unbelievable cut. I shot a deer last year coming straight at me. Went in her chest right under the neck and exited through the rear flank. Also like that they fly just like a field point. I haven't had that experience with fixed blade broadheads. 4 shots on deer and 1 boar with no failures. Surprised and sorry to hear you have had bad luck with them.

Last edited:
I have been using NAP Spitfires, but I will using G5 T3's from now on. The Spitfire failed on a 30 yd quartering away shot, no pass through and never found deer. Blood trail started over 75 yds from initial impact and stopped completely after another 60 yds. Searched for almost six hours and never found the deer.

Had shot Muzzy since about 1984 and killed a ton of deer with them, the only draw back is they don't leave a great blood trail.. I switched the Swhacker 100gr this year and am 2 for 2 and neither deer went far..

I've shot two deer this year with the Grim Reaper heads and both kills were super quick. Not a massive blood trail but quick kills. I like them but I may try putting a "T3 Chunk" in a deer to see what happens.

I use to shoot Muzzy 100gr until I shot a buck at approx 17yds with a clean pass through double lung and the deer ran 100yds. The blood trail was initially nothing but a dot the size of a pencil eraser for the first 100ft and if it had been dark I would never had recovered it. There was not enough blood to trail it into the brush.

This year I am trying these broadheads http://anarchyarchery.com/

I'll let you know!

I use grim reapers and have nothin but good luck with them. The rages are good but hate the rubber bands. I have shot three deer so far this year all with the same broadhead and arrow with complete pass thrus and all drop within 30 to 40 yards with heavy blood lose. It is all on placement of the arrow. The grim reapers I like because their mechanical and I use the 125 grain 1 3/8 cut and go with heavy arrow weight to keep kenetic energy up instead of speed. But like I said I have killed plenty with rages but also had blades bending and breaking. Where the grim reapers have never bent or broke on me. All of my shots I limit to 30 yards or less depending on the shot. Ive found that anything over and inch and a half expandable takes alot of poundage to have pass thrus. Lost one deer last year with the grim reaper whitetails 2" which I don't like. Never passed thru and arrow stayed in leaving hardly any blood and I lost a nice 8 pt. So I found what works and stick with it. Still can't go wrong with the muzzy 100 cut either and their tough as nails and cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom