• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braces

So if this repealed, like the bumpstock……they have you admitting you have a sbr? Am I reading this right?View attachment 5226387
Yes and no, depends on the level of legalese that you want to delve into. As of right now the "current interpretation" of federal law says under 16" with a Brace is a rifle, not a pistol. So long as you say yes to that at this time, you are correct. If the final rule is changed or overturned, the rules change and it's no longer a rifle, so you would not be in possession of the "rifle" most that I see them legally getting away with if it's repealed is charging anyone who registered $200 for their stamp.

But I'm not a lawyer, just my opinion as a LEO

Were pics required or just recommended? As in when you went to the next page did you get an error message?
The way I read it pics were required. I didn't register anything so I didn't get far enough to know. I have 120 days to figure out what direction this will take. I already have NFA stuff so having a few more SBR's won't hurt anything.

So i know if you Form 1 a rifle you can add a stock and it becomes an SBR but can you Form 1 a SBR and just use the brace as the stock ?
Does the stock or brace in this case make a difference ?
I'm pretty certain braces are more deadlier than stocks.

Back
Top Bottom