• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braces

fuelman1

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
I'm curious about the whole brace deal. I went on to Efile system and they have a separate place to file the weapons that have braces. It's tax exempt but you have to fill out PDF and send pictures for each item. You have to file within the 120 day window to be tax exempt. I wonder how jammed up the system will be when a couple of million brace owners go to register their braced weapons.

Very jammed up.

However, if you intend to take advantage of this great deal, you just need to prove that you filed in the next 120 days. It might jam up the system so badly that you don't get "permission" to take your firearms out in public until you get confirmation that you received it - in 2029.

Some people might consider that a feature rather than a bug.

So i know if you Form 1 a rifle you can add a stock and it becomes an SBR but can you Form 1 a SBR and just use the brace as the stock ?
Does the stock or brace in this case make a difference ?

can't you just remove the brace and us it as pistol w/o one and stay """"Legal"""" damnit

You still have to have the buffer tube, which the rules state can still be used for shouldering the firearm.

As I said elsewhere, I'm considering fitting a large and very sharp barbed spike on the end of the buffer tube so it cannot be safely or comfortably shouldered.

yeah I definitely want to file something with my ID and finger prints that says I know this thing is a stock and I fully intend to use it as such for something that was legally sold not as a stock...

I've been in NFA since before eForms existed so I'm already on whatever list

Back
Top Bottom