• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bolt action Remington .270 Bolt issues

Well, I'm no deer hunting rules and regulations expert, but I'm pretty certain that rifles can't be used until this coming weekend in GA. That said, I'm sure there are exceptions and such...it just caught me off guard to see that he shot his first deer with it last week...

Yeah, I didnt even think about it... We did a adult child hunt and there was another 100 kids shooting guns too! I seen some nice bucks pulled out of there. He got a button head but it was his first and I was so proud!

well, that's awesome! Congrats on his first deer. It's always a great season no matter what happens after that...

Didn't want to blow up the tread with a bunch of questions for the OP. Unfortunately Remington has cut their quality control to accommodate the big box stores, and they have become a gunsmiths bread and butter. When I had my shop, I was a factory repair center and found fit and finish especially in the action was the biggest ailment. What use to be standard production fitment is now "Custom Shop". Case in point. Have you ever handled and fired a Colt green label? Tryout the action and trigger on a brand new Colt M4A3... Garbage. No final finishing, or fitment that one would expect.

In the case of the OP's firearm, after firing and manipulating most burrs and inconsistencies tend to smooth out. But, on many occasions they are exaggerated. (e.g. Late war production Arisaka) . I got sick of the Bravo Sierra and closed up my shop several years ago, but still work on friends firearms and do work when I feel like it. Gun season is just around the corner, and I know how important it would be to have my sons rifle operating flawlessly prior to hitting the woods.

Thanks for the intel, that sort of thing seems cyclic as they gut their product to maintain high profit margins for the share holders they slit their own wrist once the consumer realizes what is going on then their profits collapse.

Back
Top Bottom