• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bolt action Remington .270 Bolt issues

jyphotog

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
9   0
Reaction score
My sons bolt action is catching when I bring the bolt back. It takes some jiggling around to get it back.

Is there away to tighten up the bolt to make it have less play?

Didn't want to blow up the tread with a bunch of questions for the OP. Unfortunately Remington has cut their quality control to accommodate the big box stores, and they have become a gunsmiths bread and butter. When I had my shop, I was a factory repair center and found fit and finish especially in the action was the biggest ailment. What use to be standard production fitment is now "Custom Shop". Case in point. Have you ever handled and fired a Colt green label? Tryout the action and trigger on a brand new Colt M4A3... Garbage. No final finishing, or fitment that one would expect.

In the case of the OP's firearm, after firing and manipulating most burrs and inconsistencies tend to smooth out. But, on many occasions they are exaggerated. (e.g. Late war production Arisaka) . I got sick of the Bravo Sierra and closed up my shop several years ago, but still work on friends firearms and do work when I feel like it. Gun season is just around the corner, and I know how important it would be to have my sons rifle operating flawlessly prior to hitting the woods.

Back
Top Bottom