• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bobtailed RIA

It looks great I have an RIA frame and and old Colt slide ive been thinking of bob tailing it.you may be surprised about the recoupe part it's not like it's a Frankenstein 1911 If it hit the market I would be a potential looker/buyer.

I think most know me pretty well on here...I'm never looking to make it rich......Hell I usually lose money :)

very nice! Bobtails ruined me on 1911s. I used to have a decent collection of various models but since I got my Dan Wesson CBOB, I can't stand to shoot one without a bobbed tail so I traded or sold all the rest off and never looked back.

- - - Updated - - -

very nice! Bobtails ruined me on 1911s. I used to have a decent collection of various models but since I got my Dan Wesson CBOB, I can't stand to shoot one without a bobbed tail so I traded or sold all the rest off and never looked back.

I know what you mean.....They fit so darn nice in the hand

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a Wilson or Ed brown housing?

Ed Brown

Hey howie, nice job on the bobtail job and the cerakote. That midnight blue looks pretty close to balck. What is involved in bobtailing, just swapping parts or is there some machining?

Back
Top Bottom