• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black bear

Had these two frisky ones putting on a show

Attachments

• C4DA0338-DA2F-488B-BEDC-C76ABF88611A.jpeg
    C4DA0338-DA2F-488B-BEDC-C76ABF88611A.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 61
1D2AF50D-83E4-4FCE-A44B-5B21212009C6.png
I got a video on my phone.............. Where bouts on Marion Ripley was your club

There’s a power line that crosses as you come from Bullard Rd, several miles later it crosses again and the power line makes a dogleg turn to the left. Our club was about 400 acres from close to dogleg going back towards Bullard Rd.

View attachment 2844010

There’s a power line that crosses as you come from Bullard Rd, several miles later it crosses again and the power line makes a dogleg turn to the left. Our club was about 400 acres from close to dogleg going back towards Bullard Rd.
Ours is about 4 miles down from Bullard its about 300 acres right before the power line crosses the last time there is a row of small houses on the right just before the gate

I believe ours was the next area up from yours. I killed a nice heavy 8 pointer right where the power line makes the turn. It was 330 yards from my box stand. I was very lucky, but I had shot my 280 Rem at 200 yards often enough to feel confident enough back then. Probably couldn’t make that shot now.

I believe ours was the next area up from yours. I killed a nice heavy 8 pointer right where the power line makes the turn. It was 330 yards from my box stand. I was very lucky, but I had shot my 280 Rem at 200 yards often enough to feel confident enough back then. Probably couldn’t make that shot now.
I have shot 2 good 8's on that powering and the guy that has the lease you were probably on does not even hunt it him and his boys are trophy hunters only and hunt another place

I had to take down a tripod feeder by the trout tanks, because of Bears..Far to many coming to the feeder..I did it so my Bride could watch the deer early in the morning..I hated not to have it up, for her to enjoy.

I had to take down a tripod feeder by the trout tanks, because of Bears..Far to many coming to the feeder..I did it so my Bride could watch the deer early in the morning..I hated not to have it up, for her to enjoy.
We can only use pipe feeders if we put up a regular ones the bear will camp out and when it's empty he with destroy it

We can only use pipe feeders if we put up a regular ones the bear will camp out and when it's empty he with destroy it
I had the last one get on top of it trying to get the lid off..I hit him in the ass with 12 gauge riot shot, that only pissed him off..It took #6 at 60 yards with a 3-1/2 shell in his ass to get him to leave..Coming down one of the legs on the feeder collapsed and also broke the Solar panel..I had to purchase new legs and repair the solar panel..I never put it back up after that.

I did Unicoi camping with my sons a couple weeks ago and we had one hang outside our tent for a while. He was not deterred by me yelling at him. He just sat there staring at me for a minute then mozied off. Let's hope the ones up your way are still scared of people.

Back
Top Bottom