• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black bear

Neighbor here in NC had one start up the tree his stand was on with him in the stand. Rifle stopped it, but his hunt was over, had to call game and fish and prove where and how he shot it.

Black bears can disappear in daylight too.

Attachments

• 3E61C3CA-08A7-4711-9497-BEA3EFDCBEBD.jpeg
    3E61C3CA-08A7-4711-9497-BEA3EFDCBEBD.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DDBE5CB5-F5D6-4589-B39C-BCACB4F778F2.jpeg
    DDBE5CB5-F5D6-4589-B39C-BCACB4F778F2.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 50
  • 9A5032DF-6730-4780-A8D0-256B07B186CF.jpeg
    9A5032DF-6730-4780-A8D0-256B07B186CF.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 52
I have only walked up on a bear once while hunting in Northern CA with my step father. In late afternoon we were on our way out of our hunting spot and rounded a blind corner to see about a 300 to 400 pound black bear standing about 50yds away. He looked back at us and bolted into the thick woods. What was amazing was the lack of sound he made running away.

My parents live in the mountains in NC, bears on the trail cams all the time. The bears have done damage to the property, breaking outdoor light fixtures and damage to some decking. Can you shoot a bear on your property out of season?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Bears just make the woods exciting!

(I have to drive around my office every morning to verify there aren't any bears in the dumpster, before I get out.)

....because for some reason they think they own the dumpster!

Damn Flat Landers and out of State tourist have almost caused me to hit them, on my Mountain. We have an abundance of Bear from here to Chatsworth. I have seen some of these tourist slam their breaks to turn around, on top of the mountain. Because a Bear comes out of the woods and they want to go back and look... I saw one van full of kids pull off the road to turn around..They promptly got stuck and I stopped to ask him if he had a cell..He said yes and I told him to call for a wrecker..I also asked him why he did that, and his reply was he wanted the kids to see a bear...That bear jumped back in the woods before he had passed them..I don't put out feed for the deer anymore here at home...Bride loves to see the deer and turkey but,,,The Bears and Hogs come in and it's not worth it...

We have 1 on our lease in Jones county, I have walked up on a couple times no big deal the second time , now the first time was well oh s#!+ for both of use!

We got a couple that hang out on our lease in Twiggs County. Usually they just move through and we don't have a problem unless you use a mechanical feeder then they want to hang out and destroy it when it gets empty.
20201210_185225.jpg

Back
Top Bottom