• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitcoin up 7k this week..almost 3k today😳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiat is fiat
1679111342118.png

I know the world is running that way, all governments in the world are flirting with it, and soon it will be forced into all of us, because will be so easy for the ones in the high offices, to control the masses. BUT so far, I can’t trust this BTC thing… It is so easy to loose everything overnight. Ina nutshell, I don’t know crap about it…. lol 😂

It's weird. I remember the Tee Shirt vendor at the Jonesboro Rd gun show in 2011 selling "It takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" tee shirts for $18 USD or 4 bitcoins. I toyed with the idea of buying a few hundred dollars' worth at that time but then lost interest. Damn. What's 200 bitcoins worth today? $5.4 million? I'm an idiot.

Of course it is. Didn't government just bail out the bank that was so heavily invested in it before it failed? Your tax dollars (actually just printed notes that represent a mortgage on our and our kids future labors) at work. Yay.
The government seized the banks nd closed them to send a signal to banks that support cryptocurrency exchanges and provided special services the 24/7 crypto markets need.

They did have to bail out depositors or there would have been mass hysteria and the national economy would have likely wound up in free fall.

The Banks themselves were heavily invested in US treasuries, PER The feds encouragement in recent years, but since the fed raised rates so quickly to avoid an economic collapse from the helicopter money givn out during our forced lockdowns, the banks had to sell the treasuries at a loss to fulfill their withdrawals.

So it wasn't a problem caused by crypto, it was a problem caused by taking the Fed's advice and buying bonds. It just ao happened that the government wanted to seize these banks in particular to send a message to crypto investors.... And likely pave the way for their own digital currency due in a bit over a month from today.

Dated a chick after my divorce that had bought 1k of bitcoin in 2014 on the advice of her college aged son. He lost the thumb drive with the hash keys on it…. When he flunked out in 17 she went down to move him back home and found the thumb drive.

Sold 500 shares when it hit $20k in 17(. Bought a big house on Marietta Square in cash and invested the rest.

Had a friend that had a Fiat 600 in the late ‘50’s. Didn’t have enough power to pull a greasy string out of a cat’s azz. Was all scuffed on the sides from tipping over and sliding on the road on hard corners. We’d just hop out , tip it back upright, and drive on. Maybe had a top end of 60 -70 mph?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom