• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bill of sale

I've said before that I don't have a problem with a bill of sale given to the buyer so he can prove he didn't steal the firearm (and he'll have some evidence that I said it's not a stolen firearm). But one seller recently wanted all kinds of info, like SSN etc. That's not the purpose of a bill of sale. The purpose is to give the buyer proof that the buyer actually owns the property.

I've said before that I don't have a problem with a bill of sale given to the buyer so he can prove he didn't steal the firearm (and he'll have some evidence that I said it's not a stolen firearm). But one seller recently wanted all kinds of info, like SSN etc. That's not the purpose of a bill of sale. The purpose is to give the buyer proof that the buyer actually owns the property.

I won't sell a gun unless I get a signed contract with DNA samples. I'm doing my part to save the world from inner city gun violence.

I did one Saturday before the Christmas party, it’s the only kind I’ll do. Had serial number on paper with statement saying it was sold to me, I signed and printed my name. Other than that it was all that the seller required. I did show him my ID’’s as well but none of that info went on the bil-o-sail. This was an item I had to have and had been looking for for several years now, it will be a gift to a marine vet friend of mine. Don’t have a problem with what the seller asked for, but what he asked for wasn’t anything more than what he had anyway from our conversations.

Back
Top Bottom