• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best piece of advise for a new reloader?

I just have the single press. I weight out all my protections and put them in separate trays. I am very meticulous about each round.
1. I punch out primer
2. I tumble my brass.
3. Next to the sizer. Check length bla, bla, bla.
4. Clean and chamfer neck and I clean of bird or rings off primer pocket rim.
5. Install my primer.
6. Weight each powder to the grain.
7. Press in the projectile.

I will do this until I run out of projectiles of one weight and then label and give load data. Then put them in their own shell container or whatever you have. Then go on the reload using the projectiles that weighed heavier of lighter. Then keep them in a plastic ammo cartridge separators ( that what I use ). Again making sure label has all critical load data, powder weight, projectile weight, powder used, primer used and obviously projectile used and primer used.

I know then if there is arrant round it me and not the ammo. Needless to say it pretty much blows shelf bought loads out if the water. Yes it is time consuming but it worth it when you start looking at the results on paper. I just have a single press with Hornady dies. If I have for forgotten a step let me know. I haven't been able to reload for a while. Just storing my supplies.
It really shows. I shot a box of Hornady OTM 110 gr. A-Max and it was all over the place. I did that in the middle of the target. The immediately did 3 shot groups in the four corners. They started to open up a bit but still averaged under .475 MOA out s 6.8 semi- auto gun.

Back
Top Bottom