• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best PCC for ~$1500

PyratM

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
31   0
Reaction score
My bro in law reached out wanting help selecting two “sub guns” in his words for him and his wife. I’m a B&T fan boy, but only the GHM9 falls in that price range and I don’t have one because the reliability seems to be hit and miss, so I’m not going to recommend that. His budget is $2k each, but I’m deducting about $500 per to budget for an optic and a light. Obviously the CZ Scorpion comes to mind, but looking for some other ideas.

I paid less than $2k for my SPC9 from EuroOptic, including tax, shipping and trans-fer fee.

I have used most style 9mm pcc's out at the moment.

B&T is nice but $$$$

Scorpion has a lot of accessories support.
Reliable guns...but if you go whole hog you get close to $1500

Stribog..can be awesome.
I run an AT3 Scorpion mag lower with a
Rise Armament trigger.
(Binary isn't for me)
Not cheap with my accessories.:doh:
*Factory set up try to get their curved mags.

Mp5 clones are reasonably priced atm.
The triggers are less than stellar but if you have a 9mm suppressor they are awesome.

I have dabbled with the AR9's.
I have one left and it's a
PSA AR-V that takes Scorpion mags. Good AR trigger.
( I like Scorpion mags)

Scorpion and the AR-V have the most recoil but are still shootable..I can tell more about the recoil because I have other guns to compare them to.

CMMG has the Dissent and Banshee.
The recoil on the
5.7 Banshee is nothing.

Daniel Defense is suppose to come out with a 9mm
pcc that takes .....
Scorpion mags...lol

If size is the goal..two 5.56
Springfield Hellions would give a lot of fire power in a small package.
But 5.56 is LOUD indoors.

There are few more I didn't mention.

I'd keep my eyes peeled for used Sig MPXs or Copperheads. I wouldn't waste my time on any Ruger or Smith monstrosities. You might be able to find a decent delayed roller gun for $1500/ea. You're going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for optics and lights with a budget of $500 ea.

TNW Aero Survival Rifle/Pistol. Takes Glock mags. Multiple caliber choices.

Or how about a PAP pistol w/brace?

Pap.jpg

I’m beginning to wonder if the PSA A”K” -V (with a side folding brace) might be a good alternative to a MP5 clone…

I hear they’re pretty solid little 9mm AK’s and they take most AKM furniture, accessories, and wait for it…. scorpion mags. Railed dust cover, magpul forend to attach a light…

I’m beginning to wonder if the PSA A”K” -V (with a side folding brace) might be a good alternative to a MP5 clone…

I hear they’re pretty solid little 9mm AK’s and they take most AKM furniture, accessories, and wait for it…. scorpion mags.
The biggest downside is AK ergonomics.

I'd keep my eyes peeled for used Sig MPXs or Copperheads. I wouldn't waste my time on any Ruger or Smith monstrosities. You might be able to find a decent delayed roller gun for $1500/ea. You're going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for optics and lights with a budget of $500 ea.
Why do you think the Ruger is a "monstrosity (sic)."

Back
Top Bottom