• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Ever. best of gun accidents

every title on youtube i saw of the same gun shows .700 nitro express

They got it wrong. This is an old video and it has been renamed many times. You can also do a search for .577 T-Rex and this is one of the first to come up.

Last edited:
because of its design flaws... but that is a conversation for another day.

I want to shoot the .910 round it looks ridiculous.

No argument about design flaws. The truth is that anything bigger than a .500 has no practical use for hunting. You can stop anything in it's tracks with one of the .500s. Just as the video shows, when it gets bigger than that it might as well be a single shot because you can forget about a follow up shot because of recoil. You could make it manageable with a good muzzle break, but one shot without hearing protection would probably cause permanent hearing loss. Forget about using ear plugs. The last thing I would want to do is reduce my ability to hear when I'm slipping through thick cover looking for a pissed off Cape Buffalo. Sure, you could wear some of the electronic ear muffs, but they change how things sound and I just don't trust them. My personal choice for a serious "smack them to the ground" stopping round is the .458 LOTT. You really could drop a T-Rex with one. LOL!

I stood in the aftermath of one of those mortars exploding in the tube. Except there were 4 guys standing right next to it when it happened. Well what was left of them.

No argument about design flaws. The truth is that anything bigger than a .500 has no practical use for hunting. You can stop anything in it's tracks with one of the .500s. Just as the video shows, when it gets bigger than that it might as well be a single shot because you can forget about a follow up shot because of recoil. You could make it manageable with a good muzzle break, but one shot without hearing protection would probably cause permanent hearing loss. Forget about using ear plugs. The last thing I would want to do is reduce my ability to hear when I'm slipping through thick cover looking for a pissed off Cape Buffalo. Sure, you could wear some of the electronic ear muffs, but they change how things sound and I just don't trust them. My personal choice for a serious "smack them to the ground" stopping round is the .458 LOTT. You really could drop a T-Rex with one. LOL!

I love when you write posts like this. It makes me think you should write a book.
I agree with you on all points of that. lol. You would need one hell of a muzzle break to make it manageable and you would need to throw away that European stock they tend build those rifles on cause short stocks and powerful cartridges make for some nasty recoil. Do you remember Death in Silent places where Capstick talks about the guy being able to kill elephants with .257 roberts? Hell Captsick made a career out of killing everything on the African continent with a .357 H&H bolt action rifle for all of the reasons you stated. As for big bore guns I like the .460 Weatherby but have not used one in real life so I defer to your personal experience for the go to big bore

I stood in the aftermath of one of those mortars exploding in the tube. Except there were 4 guys standing right next to it when it happened. Well what was left of them.

That clip is part of a longer one that talks about the reverse trajectory system used by the military to target mortar attacks. Either situation must be unpleasant to walk upon.

That clip is part of a longer one that talks about the reverse trajectory system used by the military to target mortar attacks. Either situation must be unpleasant to walk upon.

Could have been a reverse shot that I witnessed but if it was it was a hole in one. Because , the tube exploded out.

Back
Top Bottom