• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Dry January?
That’s just crazy talk!
Agreed. Plus my ex just gifted me this…

image.jpg

This is the lower end version of “Jefferson’s” bourbon but it is very smooth with a great price point.
Jefferson's is one of my favorites.

So I have come to the conclusion after trying many high priced Bourbons that it is hard to beat Old Forester 100 and Wild Turkey 101.
Add Evan Williams "Bottled in Bond" (has a white label) to that list... Great value and a really good bourbon.

Perhaps you waited too late in life to start.
12 seems to be the age me and my friends started.
My first whisky was swiping some of my dad's Canadian Club at age 14 or so. Put me off the stuff until I was in my 40s.

Then I quit cigarettes and switched to cigars. A friend had left a partial bottle of Jack at the house after a party years before, and just for the heck of it I tried that with a stogie and BOOM, I was hooked.

Those two vices just go hand in hand together. I can't think of the last time I did either one without the other.

Add Evan Williams "Bottled in Bond" (has a white label) to that list... Great value and a really good bourbon.

My first whisky was swiping some of my dad's Canadian Club at age 14 or so. Put me off the stuff until I was in my 40s.

Then I quit cigarettes and switched to cigars. A friend had left a partial bottle of Jack at the house after a party years before, and just for the heck of it I tried that with a stogie and BOOM, I was hooked.

Those two vices just go hand in hand together. I can't think of the last time I did either one without the other.
I agree about the Evan Williams Bottled in Bond. I usually keep a bottle of that too.

I’m partial to 4 roses small batch. I’m sure it’s been mentioned 100 times already. Around $35 most places.

It’s smooth neat, makes decent mixed drinks also and for some reason has never caused me a hangover.

From back in the days when I used to be fun of course. 😂

Forgive the curveball but has anyone been by the Sugar Tit distillery? I saw the billboard heading up 85 going to Palmetto State? Seems to be a moonshine distillery but I love the name.

Forgive the curveball but has anyone been by the Sugar Tit distillery? I saw the billboard heading up 85 going to Palmetto State? Seems to be a moonshine distillery but I love the name.
It’s sugared/flavored type of stuff you can get at the convenience store. At least the one in downtown Anderson is.

Cigars and whiskey are the best.

Anyone ever have it before? I’ve had gallons of WR but don’t think I’ve ever had this Distillers Select Series.
Haven't tried that one before but a fan of WR, I use their standard bottle as a benchmark bourbon, if a place can't beat it I'm not buying their's again. I like trying and supporting local and other small distilleries but it's getting kind of crazy with all the places that are mostly just mixing MGP juice, asking 35-50+ for it and it isn't either smoother and more classically enjoyable, or something bolder/interesting with more character than WR that you can pick up for around 30.

Back
Top Bottom