• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Bourbon can be filtered just fine. Technically Jack IS bourbon. Meets every single criteria.
Can but isn’t. Bourbon is aged in never used, charred, white oak barrels. Jack is pre-filtered through charcoal. Technically, Jack could be classified as a bourbon if they wanted to. But they don’t want to cuz Jack is legendary just like it is!

All joking aside, the rules have changed a lot since prohibition. It used to be bourbon was only from Kentucky. I don’t think the .gov even recognizes “Tennessee Whiskey.” And the proof rule has been thrown to the wayside long ago with hotter bourbons. Not to mention finished bourbons, etc. One things certain, if you’re in this thread, we can all agree, BOURBON = GOOD!

My recommendations for the thread Makers Mark 46, Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, Old Forester 1920, Frey Ranch, Evan Williams BiB, OGD 114, Early Times, and Wild Turkey 101. OF 1920 a bit over what I would typically classify as budget but close enough.

My recommendations for the thread Makers Mark 46, Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, Old Forester 1920, Frey Ranch, Evan Williams BiB, OGD 114, Early Times, and Wild Turkey 101. OF 1920 a bit over what I would typically classify as budget but close enough.
Y’all got me wantin a horn dang it! And I committed to a dry January. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom