Bernanke: Negative interest rates are coming

So does that mean I will be able to borrow money and make a profit doing it. I mean are the banks gonna suddenly pay ME .5 to 1% to use their money? Sweet!

chucklenut chucklenut So what does this do the metals market. Wait I think I already know.

So does that mean I will be able to borrow money and make a profit doing it. I mean are the banks gonna suddenly pay ME .5 to 1% to use their money? Sweet!

http://www.npr.org/2015/04/14/399641297/when-rates-turn-negative-banks-pay-customers-to-borrow

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7f4e2f4c-dde3-11e4-9d29-00144feab7de.html#axzz3zg4WuoKf

Eva Christiansen has become something of a star in Denmark. The sex therapist was propelled into the limelight not for her career but because of a loan she took from Realkredit Danmark, the country’s biggest lender.

The reason? Ms Christiansen received a negative interest rate for her three-year loan, meaning the lender — part of Danske Bank — is paying for her to borrow money. The interest rate of minus 0.0172 per cent — which equates to her receiving about DKr7 each month from the bank — is just one sign of the “Through The Looking Glass” effects of extreme central banking measures in Scandinavia.

i wish thats how it worked

fun thing is banking will always happen with or without regulation

when your momma lends you 100 bucks for a date because your paycheck is late, and you give her 110 dollars back (or ten dollars in flowers or yard work or a dinner or whatever) then you are growing the money supply

i had a buddy who needed some cash on sunday. he called me and told me the pawn shops were all closed and he was trying to pawn a really nice ruger mark 2 or 3 .22lr. i told him the pawn shops were a rip off and he wouldnt get **** for it anyhow. so he asks me " do you wanna be my pawn broker?" he needed 300 bucks. so i gave him 300 dollars, he gave me the pistol. he came back 5 days later and paid me the 300 plus 30 bucks (he wanted to give me 50 but i told him 10% is pretty high as is, so i just took 30). me and him grew the money supply with our transaction

the economy will exist with or without the government; the two truly are mutually exclusive more than anything.

chucklenut chucklenut So what does this do the metals market. Wait I think I already know.
hahah metals market will flux with the money market for a time, but once the ETF metals are recognized as bunk (which most folks already kinda do) then the price of physical will go higher. even independent of the spot price, as physical (what you hold) is worth far more, so the premium on metals sold will counterbalance any dip from spot

Back
Top Bottom