• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bernanke: Negative interest rates are coming

A Battle Brews Over Negative Rates on Mortgages

Consumer groups said banks are contractually obligated to stick to the terms of a variable-rate loan, which by definition rises and falls with changes in interest rates. If rates fall far enough below zero, these groups said, the banks should make interest payments to borrowers, just as they would charge clients more if interest rates rose.

Consumer groups said banks are contractually obligated to stick to the terms of a variable-rate loan, which by definition rises and falls with changes in interest rates. If rates fall far enough below zero, these groups said, the banks should make interest payments to borrowers, just as they would charge clients more if interest rates rose.
and they should

i thought adjustable rate mortgages were a bad thing myself, but hey, if the bank will benefit from an uptick, then the consumer should benefit from a downturn

doubt it will happen though

That would be sweet. But I think the language in the loan docs probably precludes this.

Back
Top Bottom