Votes: 102 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 22.5%
  • Tacos, same meat no bowl needed

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t want limas in brunswick stew either. That’s another dish people have screwed up being trendy.
While it don't have to be, my grandmother cooked it in a huge iron pot :
1667837698521.png

using whole hogs' head & chicken, tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, corn and sometimes diced potatoes but you'd never know exactly what was in it because everything was always ground up using one these:
1667837751663.png

The grinder was permantently mounted to a homemade oak table that was framed up against a huge water oak tree where the cook fire and the wash pot were always located.

Yankee or North Floridian "brunswick stew" (not I will NOT capitalize the letter B for this stew) is to be avoided at all costs. It's basically vegetable - pork soup and God did not intend for lima beans to be put into real stew.
1667838281946.png

No limas in chili, we're talking about Brunswick Stew......However if the mood hits you.....Chili is another one of those throw whatever suits you in it.....Just remember you might be the only one eating it.......
Agree you might be the only one eating it...In my humble opinion Limas, Okra, and potatoes have not business in Brunswick Stew...I would guess I have made up hundreds of Upload Pictures
IMG_0217.jpg
gallons in my life time..Sometimes up to 60 gallons at a time..At my last Great Atlanta Chili Cook off, I gave out 10 gallons of samples in those small pill cups, they give you in the hospital..It all all gone in less than 30 minutes..Fun times..

Agree you might be the only one eating it...In my humble opinion Limas, Okra, and potatoes have not business in Brunswick Stew...I would guess I have made up hundreds of Upload PicturesView attachment 4931891gallons in my life time..Sometimes up to 60 gallons at a time..At my last Great Atlanta Chili Cook off, I gave out 10 gallons of samples in those small pill cups, they give you in the hospital..It all all gone in less than 30 minutes..Fun times..
Bet it's good as it gets too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom