Bean Boots

Here's my pair. I've had these probably 35 years or so. Being a former Yankee, I bought these from the LL Bean store. Had the bottoms re-done by them at least 3 times. Used SnoSeal on the leather. I'd say I got my money's worth.
View attachment 3899704

I would have preferred they kept that rear sole label "Maine Hunting Shoe" compared to what they have now "Bean Boots". But they were catering to the hipsters that think they're trendy to wear.

Attachments

• IMG_20220121_161832_185.jpg
    IMG_20220121_161832_185.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 11
Worked for LL Bean for several years and I miss it, especially the job itself and the bennies. I have probably a dozen or so pair of different styles. Everything from the classic duck boot to the snow boots to the kangaroo skin boots. Love all of them. I bought my daughter a pair of duck boots that were only sold in Japan. They were returned to the flagship store and put into the employee only store and I snatched them up.

The employee discount store was AMAZING. All duck boots were $15, leather jackets were $30, Suunto watches were $25, mens pants were $1.00 and often went on sale for $.50, mens dress shirts were $7. Fly rods were $20, reels were $10. I don’t fly fish, so I didn’t buy any.

Many years ago Mom bought me an LL Bean heavy sleeping bag, which I passed on to my Son years ago...Damn thing was great keeping you warm and comfortable. She gave it to me as a Christmas present and Dad was pissed I heard because of how much it cost, my sons still uses it today.

My first pair of Bean boot's arrived today. Been wanting something made in the USA rather than throwing capital into some other country & these seem to get high praise. Given they've had them around since 1911 without changing the design is impressive.

Gonna stomp in some mud this weekend that I call my yard to test them out.
How are the insoles in these, do they have much arch support? Are they removable?
is the tread sufficient to climb ridges in?
do they seem comfortable now that you’ve had them a few days?

Back
Top Bottom