• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What insoles and steel toe boots do you use for work? 8 to 12 hours a day

I have been wearing the SWAT brand last several years. side zips. composite toe. normally get a pair a year. Some made in Cambodia some Viet nam. Cordura uppers. 'break in' really fast. Wear out pretty quick due to either just cheap or printing ink that gets spilled on them.

I had some chinese Red Wing "WORX" brand slip-ons that I got off the "boot truck" at Robins when I worked on base. They were good - easy on, easy off. The boot folks got scolded for peddling chinese boots so they changed it to American made only from that point on.

I had some chinese Red Wing "WORX" brand slip-ons that I got off the "boot truck" at Robins when I worked on base. They were good - easy on, easy off. The boot folks got scolded for peddling chinese boots so they changed it to American made only from that point on.
At least redwing off branded it

Some of the other makers like chippewa and thoroughgood only have the littttle tag that says made in america but the boot is basically the same

Reebok side zip & composite toe. Most comfortable boot I've ever worn.
Tractor supply or Academy.$155
When I got hired to work on cranes I asked my boss, whos been in the crane business 30+ years, what boot he recommends and he told me about these. They're comfortable, light weight, easy to put on/take off, and don't trip metal detectors. Hell I use them for hiking as well.

I bought a pair of Keen Cincinattis last year and they’ve been super comfortable (no break in) but not sure they’re gonna hold up. A year or so in and they’re starting to come apart here and there but the comfort has been second to none.

Back
Top Bottom