• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Basic Turd Polishing 101...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay fellas what we gots right hyere is a well worn/abused 05 Taurus SE. As you can see the subtitle of this thread should be " Two Tone Taurus. To Paint or Not to Paint?" So we basically took two and made one good 'un. It's the old pushrod 3.0 which is the only way to go in a Taurus. My partner/landlord said to paint it back light gold ,the body color. But I really prefer the dark grey of the add on parts. Or... maybe... I could just get me some old Peach Co door stickers, leave it two tone and sell it as a patrol car/Detective Special. What do yall think?

I got my Sunday chores cut out for me on this one. It's Twiggs County, red clay, Marlboro stank nasty! Although, I have cleaned up much worse before. This one will not be for sale here when I'm done. I just don't need the abuse. :cool:
Taurus5.jpg
Taurus5.jpg

Attachments

• Taurus4.jpg
    Taurus4.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 86
  • taurus 2.jpg
    taurus 2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 88
  • taurus.jpg
    taurus.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 93
Not the best looking car to begin with but a little elbow grease she'd make somebody a good work car.
Love going through cars and finding " treasure "
Yeah I agree. I found some home made jumper cables in one of the Neons in the back yard. Looks like welding lead cables.Huge gauge wire. You can't buy jumper cables like that anymore.

Unless you are going to paint it with a roller and a gallon of Rustoleum, why waste $ painting a $$2500-3000ish car?
Once again I agree with the sentiment. Even though we can get it "Sprayed" for $350.00 I still wouldn't wast the money. This is just one of them It tis what it tis kinda deals. Maybe I'll put my son in it. He just got his license at 22 and will probably bang it up anyway. Plus the A/C works as does the radio. That's about all his generation cares about.

Once again I agree with the sentiment. Even though we can get it "Sprayed" for $350.00 I still wouldn't wast the money. This is just one of them It tis what it tis kinda deals. Maybe I'll put my son in it. He just got his license at 22 and will probably bang it up anyway. Plus the A/C works as does the radio. That's about all his generation cares about.
okay, so what's this thread about again?

Back
Top Bottom