• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bank of America thinks they own you and can tell you what to do.

My wife worked for C and S who became C and S Sovran who became Nationsbank who became BOA.

She left @ 10 years , in the end she hated it. For years she enjoyed the job made it to VP. The “financial crisis” was the chance for all banks to crush down service.

As of late, we are doing our best to get away from banks, c.u. Or any financial institutions.
Right now you have to have something for a bill pay but we are drawing down as much as we can and “reinvesting it elsewhere”.

My wife worked for C and S who became Nationsbank who became BOA.
Came to Atlanta metro in 1986 and opened an account with C&S because my new employer utilized them, their local branch was less than two football fields away and that was before my direct deposit could be set up. As the branch manager was asking for and writing down my personal information on her sheets, she was misspelling my former employer name so I corrected her. She had the gall to tell me that if I had pronounced the name correctly she would have written it correctly. I told her that the founder and owner of the company pronounced it that way and that was good enough for me. If I had not been new in town and had been aware of other local banks, I would have called out her arrogance and left, but......Thanks.

Credit Union..................Problem solved
We have our’s spread out and I’ve always liked credit unions as well, but we recently got an email from Georgia United Credit Union stating that you can no longer make payments toward your principal. You must pay all the interest no matter what. I’ll leave some money there but will be paying off a little “credit building loan” this coming week. I’m not whining about it....just seems odd to me.

We have our’s spread out and I’ve always liked credit unions as well, but we recently got an email from Georgia United Credit Union stating that you can no longer make payments toward your principal. You must pay all the interest no matter what. I’ll leave some money there but will be paying off a little “credit building loan” this coming week. I’m not whining about it....just seems odd to me.
That seems like a croc to me. Always thought at MOST banks you could pay more on the principal, as long as you paid any interest due.

That seems like a croc to me. Always thought at MOST banks you could pay more on the principal, as long as you paid any interest due.
That was my understanding. You can’t hardly beat their interest rates here in Bartow but I’ll not be borrowing from them any more. Never went full term on anything (not bragging)

That was my understanding. You can’t hardly beat their interest rates here in Bartow but I’ll not be borrowing from them any more. Never went full term on anything (not bragging)
I understand and agree with not going full term. Things get paid a heap faster when paying extra. Can you make an extra payment or as many as you want using a payment stub?

Back
Top Bottom