Ballistic charts for reloads

ghoterman

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Any recommendations for websites that offer ballistic/trajectory charts for reloads I know there are programs you can buy for specific bullet manufacturers, but I'm just an occasional reloader for hunting purposes.

unless you have mil mil or moa moa optics to dial or shoot holds its not going to do you anygood to have the drops on a chart if your hunting scope cant dial it or hold it in the reticle.

lets say you do have an optic on your rifle that has one or more of these features , for your intended use i would recommend you get real world data with good ammo "low es /sd" from 600 and in on a hot weather day in 50 yd incriments and on a cold day same data in 50 yard incriments.

making an accurate chart takes a good bit of info and it has to be dead on for you to be dead on.

shoot it have a buddy spot you in. find you a nice big clay bank and a pick an aimpoint clump of grass or put somthing white on it "im not going to tell you to shoot at a chirt rock" and walk it out. at the end of the day shooting long distance requires order, accurate data, some way of holding dialing a measured distance. its not a wing it kinda thing.

figured id go ahead and put this down to kind of get other curious people headin in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom