• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad time to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joking aside, I think it's the size of the community.

In a small, tight knit community a bad reputation means that pretty soon, a bad actor ends up with nobody to deal with or talk to. He's either ripped everyone off, or he's ripped enough people off (or flaked on them) that everyone will know someone that he ripped off or flaked on.

Larger community? There will always be another sucker along in a few days. Unless the society is policed, it becomes a rolling caravan of rip off merchants or slimy bastards preying on the newbies.

So don't be a sucker. In general, trust the high-reputation score members, and if you're interested in trading or buying, check the prices carefully first.

In a small, tight knit community a bad reputation means that pretty soon, a bad actor ends up with nobody to deal with or talk to. He's either ripped everyone off, or he's ripped enough people off (or flaked on them) that everyone will know someone that he ripped off or flaked on.

Larger community? There will always be another sucker along in a few days. Unless the society is policed, it becomes a rolling caravan of rip off merchants or slimy bastards preying on the newbies.

So don't be a sucker. In general, trust the high-reputation score members, and if you're interested in trading or buying, check the prices carefully first.

As it gets bigger, you get more and more jerks with multiple accounts. The percentage is about the same, the size of the pool is just larger.

I can't even imagine the hard work for the MODs to track these guys and kick them out. Some of them are spies from other sites, believe me!!!

Rest assured, I don't fit the dandruff category. I take pride in both my commitments and follow through.
I am this kinda man, in everything I do. If I make a commitment or I say a "Yes", I will follow thru even if I lose money!
I'm glad you've joined us brother man!! We need many more people like you!!!

Put something for sale and let's sit down for some trades and business!!!

That's a good observation.
And thanks for the insight. I've been around firearms long enough to know when to hold em' and know when to fold em'. I won't make an offer on something unless I've done a little bit of research first. I've only made mistakes when something may have sentimental value but I usually hang onto those so the value ends up being whatever I'm willing to pay.

I am this kinda man, in everything I do. If I make a commitment or I say a "Yes", I will follow thru even if I lose money!
I'm glad you've joined us brother man!! We need many more people like you!!!

Put something for sale and let's sit down for some trades and business!!!
Grabbed myself a drink after work a few days ago, looked over everything the site has to offer and posted a few that I won't lose any sleep over if they leave my safe. This site seems very robust in comparison to the other forums I've been a part of. When work isn't slammed, I look forward to the entertainment and hopefully get a chance to chat in person and shake some hands.

I feel like it got worse with the advent of (anti) social networks. And then it becomes learned behavior as it trickles down to the offspring that knows no different and then becomes the perceived norm.

It's a real shame when a man's word and his handshake has no worth.
Agreed 100%. Glad to have another solid dude onboard brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom