• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Archery Shops

Gables seem to be very knowledgeable, but not very laid back like I expected. Bow-smith seemed very stand-offish. Tony- how is that archery shop on main street up there? I've been twice, and they were very polite and MUCH cheaper (for the sight pins I am going to buy at least). I will need a string before long and don't want it jack up.

Yeah, I'd second that about Gables. I went in there to get a new string for my mathews FX (8 year old bow) and was treated like someone's ugly stepbrother...it was like I was bothering the guys behind the counter to even give them money to re-string my bow. Then the guy quoted me 4-5 days on the work, and I didn't get my bow back until 13 days later. I had to call him on day 6 and ask what was up, then again on day 11...then after I got it, went home and shot about 10 through it and my peep was losing alignment with my D-loop. Not a great experience, and bad customer service. I've gone in there several times now and the archery counter is always like that - always like you're interrupting them or bothering them or something. My buddy uses Lamar's in Rockmart and says they are nothing like that - I'll be going there from now on.

Up in the Calhoun, Dalton, Adairsville area I have had real good luck with Josh up at TimberGhost. He gets pretty busy since everyone seems to wait till the last moment to tune up their bows. Straight shooter and can order just about anything.

Southern Shooters in LaGrange is a good shop...They are still a good shop though nice guys.

I'm going to second DbS on Southern Shooters. The owner(Bruse) and a super nice guy and his staff knows their stuff. When I got my bow they were building 10 bows for Nascar.

I've dealt with Bruce many times and the WORST I ever felt was like I had been treated FAIR. Good folks and well worth the visit.

ive had nothing but good experiences thus far with buck-n-bass in buford, not only in the archery shop, but all around.
but my bow hasnt had anything too serious done yet. they put my peep sight in for free, when it came off, for buying a mag for a gun of mine. i appreciate the small things

Bowhunters Supply Carrolton (Sp) Chris is a super guy. Very honest,all his staff and him belive in treating folks right.

I will have to agree, Very nice place to shop. They have a ton of inventory and some of the lowest prices around.
Even have a web site were everything ships for .99 The web site is Bowhunterssupplystore.com

Southern Shooters in LaGrange is a good shop, but they went up on the price for bow work. Last time I took a bow in there it cost me $60 to have new strings and cables put on...that was just the price for work I supplied the strings and cables. They are still a good shop though nice guys.

I'm going to second DbS on Southern Shooters. The owner(Bruse) and a super nice guy and his staff knows their stuff. When I got my bow they were building 10 bows for Nascar.

I've dealt with Bruce many times and the WORST I ever felt was like I had been treated FAIR. Good folks and well worth the visit.

I agree about Southern Shooters being nice folks and know their stuff BUT, like mdog said they build stuff for famous people like NASCAR stars and country music stars and that's why their prices have gone up IMHO. Because they can. When you start dealing with people with ALOT of money you can start charging more so regular people can't afford them anymore. Southern Shooters was originally owned by Travis "T-Bone" Turner who is good friends with Michael Waddell from Realtree Outdoors. It's been moved and renamed like 3 or 4 times since he owned it and each time it gets more expensive to get work done there. I hate it because they were always down home good ol' boys but now they have new clients with lots of money. I'll start going to the shops in Carrollton when I need something now since they are closer to me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom