• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Archery Shops

Tonyf6188

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
Anybody have any favorite archery shops they would like to share?

I have personally bought from Bass Pro Shops in Lawrenceville,
Bargain Barn in Jasper, and Gables in Douglasville.

By far I prefer Gables. Their service was excellent. Every question I asked was answered
without hesitation. (been to Bass Pro a few times and left with questions un-answered)

Been to Timber Ghost in Calhoun but have never bought anything there.

Southern Shooters in LaGrange is a good shop, but they went up on the price for bow work. Last time I took a bow in there it cost me $60 to have new strings and cables put on...that was just the price for work I supplied the strings and cables. They are still a good shop though nice guys.

I've never taken my bow in to a shop for work. The only experiences I have ahd are purchases.
I try to do all my own work on them if I can and so far I ahve been lucky enough to not need a professional.

If they are good at what they do, I would say it is probably worth the money.

Gables seem to be very knowledgeable, but not very laid back like I expected. Bow-smith seemed very stand-offish. Tony- how is that archery shop on main street up there? I've been twice, and they were very polite and MUCH cheaper (for the sight pins I am going to buy at least). I will need a string before long and don't want it jack up.

I've only been there once. It was a long time ago. The guy that owned and operated the shop was very nice.
I had him cut a dozen arrows for me. I've had several places cut them and he did the best job. At the time I
was there he was just starting up so his inventory lacked but he had a real nice indoor range.

I am not sure if he is still there. It has been a long time since I have been downtown.
If I get a chance in the near future, I will wing in there and see how he's doing.

In central Ga. we have Chuck's that do a good job, Johnny and David are great folks and will help any way they can.
If over in the Millidgeville area then would be Baynes, Chris is knowledgeable and very friendly.

If over in the Millidgeville area then would be Baynes, Chris is knowledgeable and very friendly.

Thanks Floyd.

I work at Bayne's in Milledgeville and am one of the Archery Tech's. We are a full line Mathews, Strother, and PSE Dealer. We also are a full line AMS dealer to take care of you bowfishermen. In stock we have a wide variety of accessories and can get just about anything you need archery related in a few days time. We also do bow repairs, alterations, tuning, and setup. We're pretty much your one stop shop for Archery, Guns, Camo, ETC.

If anyone has any questions about pricing or products feel free to PM me on here or give me a call at the store.

Store Hours: 8-6 M,T,TR,F and 8-4 Sat

Bayne's Army Store
118 S. Wayne St.
Milledgeville, GA 31061
(478)452-2384
baynesarmy@windstream.net
www.baynesarmystore.com

Well I guess since I work there I have to say Strike Zone Fishing in Jacksonville, Florida. We are a huge retailer of fishing tackle with everything from hooks and lure for crappie and panfish to electric reels for deep droppin in 600', to trolling for Marlin. We also sell a ton of kayaks and some marine equipment. I spend many days setting up customers to catch dinner or a fun day on the water or maybe compete in a tournament. But, this time of year I get to do what I really love which is to tune bows and set customers up for hunting season. We are a Mathews, Mission, PSE, Browning and Bear dealer. As far as archery we are growing steadily and going for more of the Pro Shop experience to best service our customers. Unfortunately, we do not have a range but only a 20yd indoor space in our warehouse to test equipment. I like it a lot or I certainly wouldn't work there!

Back
Top Bottom