• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR pistol help

That's what he said w/ lite strike on second round
I would like specifics from OP. I have seen "light strike" listed probably 10+ times previously on here and other sites, only to find out the person had no idea the AR operates with a free floating firing pin. The bolt closing on the round leaving the slight dimple in the primer, and people saying its a light strike. Not insulting the OP, but I rule nothing out with the amount of home build problems these days.

Yeah but the hammer could possibly be following the BCG back in and making it appear to be a light primer strike when it's really almost a slamfire if it's short stroking.
This is the second scenario. The disconnector would have to be out of spec though for this to happen.

OP, is there a green spring under your disconnector?

This is the second scenario. The disconnector would have to be out of spec though for this to happen.

OP, is there a green spring under your disconnector?

I asked earlier if the trigger reset. I assume it is, but no one ever say "trigger pull, click, no bang". It's always I pull the trigger and nothing happens. Being explicit with the click, or breaking down what's happening in the smallest possible steps is a huge help to to internet armorers.

There is another scenario, the rifle is not 100% in battery. Have you tried bumping the forward assist upon the chambering of the next round?

This could be a result of a tight chamber and or and under gassed rifle (mis-aligned gas block)

Below: Fully in battery

upload_2016-12-11_17-8-18.png

Below: Out of battery, will still allow you to pull the trigger.....no bang though...

upload_2016-12-11_17-8-40.png

Also, is this what you are experiencing in detail?

• Chamber a round (from dropping the bolt or hand cycling in)
  • Pull trigger
  • Round goes bang
  • Rifle cycles ejects case and another round goes into the chamber from the mag
  • You pull trigger again
  • *Click* and then nothing?
Yes exactly

There is another scenario, the rifle is not 100% in battery. Have you tried bumping the forward assist upon the chambering of the next round?

This could be a result of a tight chamber and or and under gassed rifle (mis-aligned gas block)

Below: Fully in battery

View attachment 992527

Below: Out of battery, will still allow you to pull the trigger.....no bang though...

View attachment 992528
Fully in battery

Back
Top Bottom