• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar gas issue...i think.

I suppose the Department of the Army, Department of the Navy, Department of the Airforce, Ruger, Bushmaster, Smith and Wesson are all wrong for stating in their manuals to stagger the rings...What in the heck do their engineers know about proper functioning of their rifles. And the Military Departments only been around for how many years...Geesh...they definitely have no experience with the M4 or variants or M16 or variants best not listen to them

Were you ever in the military? Lots of things they do they do for no good reason. The answer when asked is "that is the way we always did it".

Yes.

Again, if this were a real issue that actually existed as a design flaw of the AR15 then it would have been addressed a long time ago. Some high-temperature adhesive would easily fix this supposed flaw; just glue the rings together as they're staggered and they'd never accidentally align ever again. The fact that the AR15 is as reliable as it is despite the fact that these rings will sometimes align on their own proves that it's not an issue. You can align these rings on your own rifle to test and see if it causes a malfunction; spoiler, it wont.
Again....never said there was a design flaw, never said the rifle wouldn't function...quite the opposite. Every part functions as whole. Spoiler...it can cause a malfunction but as I stated it is usually 99.9% of the time not the ture problem. Again, if numerous military departments and the actually manufacture of the firearm state to alternate rings...then you may think their is some reasoning behind it and not a myth. It just aids in the smooth operation of great firearm.

Were you ever in the military? Lots of things they do they do for no good reason. The answer when asked is "that is the way we always did it".
Actually I was in the military for many years, 28 to be exact and I work as a gun smith for the Department of Defense now. But yes I agree with your statement sometimes the answer is "that is the way we always did it" and to hurry up and wait.

Actually I was in the military for many years, 28 to be exact and I work as a gun smith for the Department of Defense now. But yes I agree with your statement sometimes the answer is "that is the way we always did it" and to hurry up and wait.

And never, NEVER EVER, be the first guy to say your rifle is clean enough to turn into the armorer. The first rifle, even if NOT FIRED, is NEVER Clean enough for an armorer.

Sorry, back to the topic:

How'd the bolt do with the new exxctractor?

Got a BCG through a trade a couple weeks ago and finally got out to shoot it today. Well, it wont cycle. Grabbed another bcg and charging handle out of another rifle and it ran fine. What about the bolt carrier group could be causing this? It would either short shuck or stove pipe every single round. Same thing with different types of ammo. The only thing that looks off to me is that the gas key seems to be over staked but other than that all looks good to my amateur eye. Thanks Guys.
Load one round in mag and fire if bolt doesn’t lock open probably not getting enough gas .. remove gas block and look on inside at gas hole and hole in barrel you should see gas(powder) stains to tell if lined up .. note gas hole in barrel.300 off shoulder and hole in block should line up...

When I asked about your buffer I was referring to an H1, H2, or H3. There are different weights that can effect the way the gun extracts/ ejects based the gas pressure produced by the round etc. If the combination of your buffer spring and buffer are not compatible it can cause the effects you are having.

When I asked about your buffer I was referring to an H1, H2, or H3. There are different weights that can effect the way the gun extracts/ ejects based the gas pressure produced by the round etc. If the combination of your buffer spring and buffer are not compatible it can cause the effects you are having.
There are no markings on it and im not sure how to distinguish them.
20210219_231613.jpg
20210219_231637.jpg

Back
Top Bottom