• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know any good vodka.?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
“High end” vodka is the biggest waste of money in all of booze. Vodka is intentionally made to be odorless and tasteless. You’d be hard pressed to distinguish an expensive one from a cheapie, especially when mixed like it is 99% of the time. Costco french vodka is 100% NOT Grey Goose, but Grey Goose is 95% Frenchy marketing fluff. I usually drink Kettle One or Stoli’s just out of habit, but don’t really care tbh.

Ironic how the people who believe the media is trying to mind-control people swallow the Vodka marketing hype hook, line, and sinker.

Can you honestly tell the difference between the vodkas you’ve tried? It’s nothing like whisky where taste and character come into play.
It is a little. Potato, corn, grain, sugar beet vodka all has a slightly different feel to it. The distillation methods can affect the character. It’s not really about the number of distillations (marketing) as it is about the quality of the distillation.

I used to hang out at a bar in downtown Athens to watch the Braves games, because cable had not been invented where I lived out in the country.

Spring was big prom time, and me and the bartender, who became a good friend, would get a big kick out the of the sorority chicks who would order a "Stoli White Russian" or a "Stoli Screwdriver" because they had heard that was "good vodka" - Their poor dates of course were picking up the tab, hoping the honeys would get hammered. A "Stoli" was about twice what a well brand mixed drink was. And you know what went into them? Old Mr. Boston, in a Stoli bottle, because when you mix neutral grain alcohol, a/k/a vodka with anything you can't tell any difference. It's called "neutral" for a reason. Especially something like a White Russian where the milk fat keeps you from really tasting any nuances in anything.

Never ever have you heard anyone say, "let me take a slug of this half and half to cleanse my palate"

I will concede that you can tell the difference neat between really bad vodka and really good vodka, just like gin, but between the really good unflavored vodkas, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom