Anyone here have a Toyota Tacoma 4wd TRD?

Toyota best pick for import. Domestic FORD. Don't buy anything that took bail-out money from the government, Chevy, GMC, Dodge, etc....

Never had any luck with Ford. Always had problems and never any good service. See above about my opinion of Toyota. Never owned a Chevy. Loved my Dodge Ram. Opinions, to each there own ya know.

I had a 2000 Tacoma 4x4, 4cyl, Manual, Reg Cab, up to right about 200k miles, then got rid of it to upgrade for more family room and for because I drive a lot for work.

About a month and a half ago I got a brand new 2014 Tacoma - Quad cab, Short bed, V6, Auto, 4x4, Towing package, with the touch screen XM/Backup Cam/Bluetooth. It's not any flavor of TRD but has all electric everything, fog lights, the 5 speed auto trans, fitted rubber floor mats, tinted back windows, matching painted fenders and bumpers, etc.

I don't go off road in terms of rock crawling or mud bogging so I didn't want all the TRD stuff, plus I think the wheels, fake hood scoop, and decals are tacky. I use 4x4 for nasty dirt/sandy roads and the occasional snow. I just wanted a 4x4 with some specific creature comforts.

I went ahead and paid for the 100k miles ToyotaCare warranty. It covers any and all parts of the truck up to 100k miles, even nit picky stuff like a door lock switch not working.

I paid right at $31,700 OTD (taxes, tag, etc.) from Cherokee Toyota in Canton. I talked to Cobb Toyota and they told me they didn't want to waste my time because they couldn't make a deal that aggressive - that Tacomas sell themselves so they generally don't have to deal on them at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom