Anyone have experience with poachers ?

;eave a note and a trail cam. I agree that if its on your property its yours and he shouldnt have put it there. but a trailcam and note will cover your ass if he tries to make something of it.

and the poison ivy spray is a good idea too.

I recommend that you meet him at his stand and explain to him what's what. And then give him his property back.

I strongly disagree with that one. Game Warden is a dangerous job because people getting caught poaching act crazy. I'm all for being civil but safety first.

If I were you I'd take the stand down and get some no trespassing signs and purple paint. Hopefully, the guy will get the message when he sees all the new markings and his stand is gone.

Maybe your trespasser/potential poacher is a decent-enough fella, or maybe he's wicked crazy with a screw loose who watches Rambo 1st Blood every saturday night.. who knows.

Remember, damage or steal his stuff, he can come back at his leisure during the weekday and set all kinds of boobie traps that can hurt or worse.

I think life is too short to be looking over your shoulder and since he's caused you no damage or genuinely hurt you in any way, I recommend that you meet him at his stand and explain to him what's what. And then give him his property back.

I strongly disagree with this because ..it's MY property, he's trespassing, he's poaching and it's MY property. Should I call his number and set up a date and time to meet him at his leisure ? He's breaking the law poaching, I'm sure he's not going to want to meet the owner, who by the way, is armed, a veteran and not to be reckoned with. I've had enough of this guy, to date only 2 people have my permission to hunt there and they're both active ODT members.

++++++1

Take it down and leave a note stating:

"Thank you for your interest in my private property, I have taken posession of your stand for failure of payment of applicable fees, which are as follows: Daily tree rental, $100 per day; over-night storage fee while attached to said tree, $25/night; acreage viewing charge of $25 per 0.25 acre / per day; failure to request permission fee, $100 per occurence; communication fee to notify DNR and local law enforcement of poaching and trespass, $0.02

Your property may be claimed by visiting www.theoutdoorstrader.com and posting a request for the return of your property, which will be prompty responded to ........ by many, along with your prompt payment of the above fees. Thank you for your business!"

...... just a thought :cool:

"Thank you for your interest in my private property, I have taken posession of your stand for failure of payment of applicable fees, which are as follows: Daily tree rental, $100 per day; over-night storage fee while attached to said tree, $25/night; acreage viewing charge of $25 per 0.25 acre / per day; failure to request permission fee, $100 per occurence; communication fee to notify DNR and local law enforcement of poaching and trespass, $0.02

Your property may be claimed by visiting www.theoutdoorstrader.com and posting a request for the return of your property, which will be prompty responded to ........ by many, along with your prompt payment of the above fees. Thank you for your business!"

I'm actually considerring printing your post and leaving it there for him, lol !!!

Thats too funny, it would also be great for a practical joke. :jaw:

Take the stand and post a no trespassing sign on the tree where it was. He'll get the idea. Don't destroy a perfectly good stand to make a point. Sell it or move it elsewhere on the property. You should make contact with DNR and let them know what's going on. They may find time to ride by your place from time to time.

Just one question. How close is it too the property line? Could be an honest mistake. I was on the other side of this once. Hunting a new lease, property line not well marked, put up a climber in the dark, blah blah blah. After sun up a guy comes walking up, mad as hell, telling me I'm trespassing. I had crossed the property line by about 50 ft. I apologized, explained my situation, gave him the names of the property owners of the lease (his neighbors), apologized again. As we know attitude is everything. Ended up with permission to hunt his property free of charge and making a new friend. He later told me that if I had popped off or been rude it could of gone very differently.

Obviously if it this same guy that has done it before-no mercy. Leave a note on the tree telling the poacher that he can pick his stand up from the local DNR ranger station where you have filed a report for trespassing and plan on signing a warrant as soon as you can identify the owner of the stand!

Back
Top Bottom