Anyone have experience with poachers ?

Any of you guys cops ? I'm curious as to what you would do if you got a call from someone saying they're deer stand was "stolen" and you found out the owner of the property they have no premission to be on took it...for keeps.

I have plans on relieving him of it if it's legal. I don't need any problems with the law.

Well first off, if the offender stated he had no permission to hunt there then I would say oh well. I doubt the offender would go looking for his stand if he was in the wrong and KNEW he was in the wrong. I have had a call like this from a property owner. Same thing except it was a blind, I shook his hand and said congrats on the new blind. Consider it found property.

Take it down and leave a note stating:

"Thank you for your interest in my private property, I have taken posession of your stand for failure of payment of applicable fees, which are as follows: Daily tree rental, $100 per day; over-night storage fee while attached to said tree, $25/night; acreage viewing charge of $25 per 0.25 acre / per day; failure to request permission fee, $100 per occurence; communication fee to notify DNR and local law enforcement of poaching and trespass, $0.02

Your property may be claimed by visiting www.theoutdoorstrader.com and posting a request for the return of your property, which will be prompty responded to ........ by many, along with your prompt payment of the above fees. Thank you for your business!"

...... just a thought :cool:

Last edited:
Howwie, SgtofMarines and I met on my property last Saturday morning to plan for Nov 3rd.
I must be slow because I never noticed the deer stand someone had put up on MY property to poach deer ! It's one of thoise 10-12" metal ladder types with the seat attop chained to one of MY trees, a dead one at that.

I'm planning on being there EARLY Saturday morning with my bolt cutters to remove the stand.
My problem is this:
Am I legally allowed to take the deer stand, I have no signs up any longer saying "No Trespassing" as they've been removed ?
Does anyone know a Game Warden or are any of you one ?
This is messed up, I can't keep this prick off my property !

I really could use some SOUND advice. This is past being a nuisance.

Do you own the land ?

Go cut some poison ivy leaves chop them up and put then in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Then put the water in a sprayer and spray down the tree stand. Soak it good. You win.

If property (tree stand) is left on your property for more than 90 days it is considered abandoned, and will hold up in any court in this state. If the DA (not district attorney) wants to file a civil suite you can counter.

Go cut some poison ivy leaves chop them up and put then in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Then put the water in a sprayer and spray down the tree stand. Soak it good. You win.

Especially if he has to take a leak shortly after climbing the stand........

If property (tree stand) is left on your property for more than 90 days it is considered abandoned, and will hold up in any court in this state. If the DA (not district attorney) wants to file a civil suite you can counter.

LEFT on my property? It has no business being on my property to begin with. I had problems with a poacher earlier this year and I believe it's the same guy. It's my property so I claim anything anyone brings on it without my permission and claim it as my own. Besides, aren't there laws about hunting out of season, illegally on someone else property ?

I've decided he's forfeited his tree stand and it's now mine to trade away as I see fit. Not only that, there's huge black area not far from the stand where someone dumped a out there used engine oil along with the filter and drain pan. Enough's enough !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom