Anyone have experience with poachers ?

That comes from years of expereience dealing with trespassers and poachers, be careful dealing with them, some will be humble and admit their mistake, some will probably want to act up and fluff their feathers until you show them who's boss in the woods and if your not man enough deal with mulitiple armed people(usually the case) then its best for you to leave, let the law deal with them. #1 rule, Know your boundry lines for a fact, don't just think you know.

I'm not worried about any of that, they'll need to worry about keeping a smile and manners. Hopefully, when my ride shows up, anytime now, we're going to relieve mr poacher of his deer stand today.

IMG_0996.jpgHere's Daniel standing in front of his new deer stand.
IMG_0997.jpgHere's Daniel standing out there to show where the property line is.

Thanks Daniel, I hope you enjoy the deer stand !

Last edited:
Thats close enough to the line I'd say it was probably an honest mistake, if it was me I would have left the stand and a note asking them to relocate (explaining why) giving them a chance to correct the problem along with my ph. #. If I was then ignored I would remove the stand. Although I do think you were legally OK in what you did.

Last edited:
Thats close enough to the line I'd say it was probably an honest mistake, if it was me I would have left the stand and a note asking them to relocate (explaining why) giving them a chance to correct the problem along with my ph. #. If I was then ignored I would remove the stand. Although I do think you were legally OK in what you did.
What ? That's easily10 yds from the property line FACING in, not out, towards the open area on my drive so he can have a clear open unobstructed shot poaching, there's spent 30/30 shells all over. He wasn'tfacing out, he was facing INTO my property.
There was no "honest" mistake, the guys a lowlife poacher trespassing on my property to do it and should be giving thanks he only had his stand taken. An "HONEST" mistake would've been believing he's allowed to hunt there and leaving me a note explaining why.

I believe this is the right answer for the land owner:
The DNR ranger in your county would love to know about this. Contact him or her, fill out an affidavit and let "HIM" catch the hunters. Mandatory minimum fine of $500 in GA for hunting without permission plus anything else the ranger finds them doing wrong. I have heard this before and you would need to confirm with your local Game Warden. Fill out the affidavit with the warden and let him do his job.

Well you could chain it up yourself.... or take it to the police department and leave a note on the tree for whoever to pick it up there.....

LOL, some people love to retaliate in various ways and live for the chance, are you ready for some of that over a $50 stand and a deer or two ? Stop and think about it, do you even know the person that did this ? I think you'd been better off catching them in the act, aleast then you'd have name to fall back on, now your at their mercy not knowing. Thats why I said, I would have left him a note and Ph # giving him a chance to move it preventing trouble on both sides. Its not worth any of my barns / buildings/ timber to go up in flames over a property line mixup. There's no dought the law is on your side doing what you did but will/can they protect your property 24/7 ?

Back
Top Bottom