• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone else getting this question?

Actually there are a lot of people on here that do not give full disclosure when listing a firearm. As far as I'm concerned no deal is a deal until I see the gun and it is as listed exactly. I have only turned down one deal out of all of my transactions. He knows exactly Helianthus and he knows exactly why, And there is a reason I don't have negative feedback for it.

If its something that has had a metric **** ton of ammo put through it, put up hot, wet, and dirty, or something that is beat to absolute hell then yea i understand. But when you provide detailed pictures, and a good representation of its condition with high feedback then saying i'd like to meet you half way just to kick the tires is kinda an insult to me. If you want to meet to look at it and you'll come close to me or im in the area sure why not. But if im driving 30-45 minuets to meet you, you betta be puttin that money in my hand cause if the money doesn't show you will owe me owe me owe.

I had a guy agree to two different trades and two different meet times and each time they backed out. I even had the gun transferred to a GA DL holder to legitimize the whole thing. (Went with a friend to a FFL and paid to transfer it to his name so he could make the trade)

Luckily I have never had a bad deal like that on here. Due to the influx of new members and "other" members on here I have refrained from buying or selling or trading any weapon. I have seen a downfall of trust and respect on here. The more b/s that appears on here, the less we tend to trust others unless we have dealt with them before.
ODT just ain't what it used to be when I first joined. I sincerely hope it improves soon. I mean no disrespect to anyone by saying this.

I believe everyone was a "newbie" at some point and we shouldn't be bashed for that. I do agree that I'll take it does mean just that unless the item is being misrepresented. Thats my two cents.

If I say I'll take it then I am fully prepared to pay the agreed upon price. However no one should expect the deal to be done unless the gun is thoroughly inspected upon the meet. If it isn't up to expectations I will walk, same as buying a car or anything else, and I would expect the same if I was selling. An I'll take it over the internet should mean you will pay the agreed upon price if everything is up to par upon seeing it in person. I do not agree with meeting just to look with no agreement before hand, I would tell them to go kick rocks.

The problem with the idiots saying, "I'll take it" then wanting to just look at something at the meet is, they try to lowball you after you have spent the time and gas to meet. If you say I'll take it, you should come with the agreed amount of cash in hand. If you want to renegotiate the price at the meet because you have the seller invested in his time, you should get a negative feedback so no one else falls prey to your ignorant tactics. I always inspect anything I buy, but unless it was grossly misrepresented, I buy at the agreed upon price. Seems like a lot of scammers join here to make a quick buck and then they are gone. I would not even start my truck to meet a tire kicker or someone that doesn't have clear communications from the start. I always PM my phone number and we discuss any and all details before we meet.

Back
Top Bottom