• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone else getting this question?

I'll take it is a sound deal.
I'll take it pending inspection, means just that. I don't mind these unless I'm in a bind and need the item gone fast.

If I read the "rules" properly the "I'll take it" means they'll take it. That's how I interperet what was written.

Problem is, many of those same peaople are the same ones who woill lean on the wall next to the WET PAINT sign. ... They either Can't or Don't read.

Sounds like we are all in agreement here.

Well, I guess it's been while since this horse has been beaten. I think I saw it twitch...

This is the only place I know of where "I'll take it" means that the buyer absolutely agrees to buy the item. Even most Ebay sellers have a return policy. I think an initial inspection should be implied.

I have said "I'll take it" and fully intended on buying the item, only because I know it's the culture on ODT (before it was in the rules). I'm always sure to only say "I'll take it" when the seller has high feedback or the item is at a smoking good price. I can totally see how some members wouldn't know that though (yes, it's just ignorance at this point for not reading the rules).

I agree that's how it is. I don't agree that it's how it should be.

In my opinion, ALL transactions should be automatically considered "pending inspection" when it comes to firearms, especially here. I've had some folks try to pull the wool over my eyes only to be disappointed.

In my opinion, ALL transactions should be automatically considered "pending inspection" when it comes to firearms, especially here. I've had some folks try to pull the wool over my eyes only to be disappointed.

Obviously if the gun is not "as advertised" you walk away. However, you don't say I'll take it and then state that you want to "look at it". That's shopping.

Back
Top Bottom