• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any recommendations for an honest, reasonable priced mechanic in Wooststock? Help Needed!

It's just easier to do it with some friends and lifting the bed off.

If you can, try and diagnose a few of the listed things first. Not a bad job with help

get your wifey to key on the ign while you listen at the filler for the fuel pump
to make a whirling sound. if you hear the pump energize try cranking. still wont
start? pull off a sprk plg wire and place it firmly on your tongue,crnk the eng.
you should feel a slight sensation in your scrotum. hope this helps.

and while your at it your halfway to a body lift,,,sooo

Cheet...I wish the cab was as easy as the bed, lol. Lost my lunch on a couple of those over the years. 400 labor is NOT enough money for that job.

If you got a floor jack, I find it easier to drop tank than removing bed- not applicable with more than a half tank or so though, unless you're a tough dude.

dpends on how long/loose your plugs are to the tank if its easier to drop that tank or pull the bed. and if you have skinny arms lol. my suggestioin, if you have a buddy just pull the bed off. ton easier to get to it and to change. its really not that hard. beds not hard to pull solo eather if you support it with 2x4s or something and slowly lift each side. its not as bad as it sounds. just plan a full day around it and go slow. the hardest part will be knocking the damn lock ring off on the tank that holds the filter in place lol.

and ya, do the fuel filter 1st and see if that helps. it may be that easy.

check your injectors after also. when my fuel pump went out it caused one of the injectors to stick open.

dpends on how long/loose your plugs are to the tank if its easier to drop that tank or pull the bed. and if you have skinny arms lol. my suggestioin, if you have a buddy just pull the bed off. ton easier to get to it and to change. its really not that hard. beds not hard to pull solo eather if you support it with 2x4s or something and slowly lift each side. its not as bad as it sounds. just plan a full day around it and go slow. the hardest part will be knocking the damn lock ring off on the tank that holds the filter in place

check your injectors after also. when my fuel pump went out it caused one of the injectors to stick open.

The pump was the problem,
Gave him a 20% ODT discount! he is happy and working , within a few hours

GM pumps fail so often that t he parts store near me keeps em sitting on the counter
It's a typical defective design in an American car

If you run it out of gas it will fry the new one too

Back
Top Bottom