• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any plumbers in the house?

Basement? Look where the main enters into the home.
Slab? Look near the water heater, or by the main shut off inside the home. They had them even way back then.
View attachment 2221572
I certainly don't see it where the water line enters crawlspace. Two shut-off valves: one for outside spigot, and one for house.
20190803_112154.jpg
20190803_112201.jpg

I'm no expert but, sooner or later something is going to blow without reducing it down. My plumber always said that with all the fixtures being government mandated low flow, there's no need to be more than 65ish.

Yep, I'd drop the ODT advice at this point and call a plumber and have a PRV installed today.

That much pressure can blow out your ice maker, washing machine, dishwasher - nothing to put off.

Water and termites man, homeowners' worst nightmares!

Had a PRV went bad right after some plumbing repairs. Went out when I turned the water back on. Upstairs toilet started leaking bad and had to go back under the house and replace it.

Check for a secondary box after the meter in your yard. Ive replaced prv’s that we’re located there. They’re not always in the house.

Great post, I would have to say you are or were a Master Plumber

and YES the above must be done, before you install the tank
directions are in the box

most plumbers dont even know to do this

I will add: when you check your whole house pressure
it's a good idea to turn the water heater down and open a faucet or hose bibb, just in case the water heater had just heated the water causing a rise in pressure
this will assure that the house pressure is at the set point of the PRV
NOTE: any pressure above 75 PSI is a sign your PRV is malfunctioning

Expansion Tanks are steel, and are susceptible to leaks, regardless of age

I am since 1994.

Back
Top Bottom