• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any other Xterra guys on here?? Body Lift Time

Yeah i've been searching there as well as Amazon. I'm thinking of switching to a 265/75/16. A little cheaper, and I won't be "mudding" enough to warrant the difference for the 285's.

Isn't that the stock tire size? With a 2 inch body lift already won't that look a lil funny? Also that difference in size isn't going to make a difference in mud. If you get stuck in mud with 265/75 you will probably be stuck with the 285/75'd too all things being equal.

Last edited:
Isn't that the stock tire size? With a 2 inch body lift already won't that look a lil funny? Also that difference in size isn't going to make a difference in mud. If you get stuck in mud with 265/75 you will probably be stuck with the 285/75'd too all things being equal.
The PRO4X models come with 265/75-16s the other models come with 265/70-16s.

If I do go with the 285/75/16 the difference in diameter will be 2.27". For a tire size of 32.8, approx. I've seen a lot of pictures and it looks fine to me.

I'll have to remember that once I finish up refinishing the rims, and am up that way.

Just remember about the weight difference and the "load" type. E-loads can weigh up to 10+lbs more than a passenger load tire. Say byebye to MPG's. Also consider the extra strain on the driveline turning those bigger and heavier tires.

All the pics I've seen the 285/75 seems to be the way to go, if we stay stock tire size then there's no point to lift it to start with IMHO...but her x is the offroad edition so you going with the 265/75 might be you jumping in size and I'm just ignorant to your stock tire size. Either way bigger is better hahaha not really bit the kid in all of us want to think so

Back
Top Bottom