• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any other Xterra guys on here?? Body Lift Time

Thanks for the advice i'll have to look into those mods. If you really wanna get rowdy, look on Pirate4x4 classifieds. theres a guy there selling a whole linked solid axle swap for an xterra. That's when the real fun/pains start haha.

So I managed to get some time to remove the flaps and step rails. Also started on refinishing the rims.

i62.tinypic.com_11id9jd.jpg

i61.tinypic.com_34q2ura.jpg

These are the tires that i'm planning on getting. In a 285/75/16

i62.tinypic.com_4zx6ww.jpg

Been shopping for tires for my girls xterra and not sure where you're getting your tires from but they have a set of 4 of those tires new on ebay for $640. Wouldn't imagine they would be cheaper at a store. Plus no tax.
Just a fyi if you were interested.

Been shopping for tires for my girls xterra and not sure where you're getting your tires from but they have a set of 4 of those tires new on ebay for $640. Wouldn't imagine they would be cheaper at a store. Plus no tax.
Just a fyi if you were interested.

Yeah i've been searching there as well as Amazon. I'm thinking of switching to a 265/75/16. A little cheaper, and I won't be "mudding" enough to warrant the difference for the 285's.

Yeah i've been searching there as well as Amazon. I'm thinking of switching to a 265/75/16. A little cheaper, and I won't be "mudding" enough to warrant the difference for the 285's.
Just watch what load you buy. Get regular "passenger" load. When you get into C, D, or E load tires the rotational weight kills your gas mileage. I literally lost 2mpgs when I put E-load tires on my Xterra. If you go to the 285's you'll have no choice but to go with D or E loads. You'll have to do the melt-mod too.

P.S. I'll be getting a Frontier pro4x soon.

Will your step rails fit on a 2012 Frontier 4 dr truck? If so would you want to sell or trade them? LMK. And what's a melt mod?

Will your step rails fit on a 2012 Frontier 4 dr truck? If so would you want to sell or trade them? LMK. And what's a melt mod?
You have to use a heat gun to modify the inter wheel well up front by the rocker panels to allow 33's to fit.

I'd call a Nissan dealership and see if the part numbers are the same with the step rails. There might be different bolt patterns or different length because the Frontier and Xterra frames are not the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom