• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any interest in a SBX group buy?

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
sbx1-300x96.jpg

These are like the Ruger SBX, but a 22lr AR upper.
http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/ar22-22lr-conversion
The AR-22 SBX barrel is a 6061-T6 lightweight aluminum threaded end* barrel with a 4140 button rifled steel liner and Hogue® free float forend. The SBX barrel has bore length of 12.25” with a permanently attached shroud for an overall length of 16.5” allowing the user to attach a suppressor without adding length. This gives the user all the advantages of a short barreled rifle without the time consuming and costly SBR paperwork. As with all of our AR-22 conversions, it includes our CNC machined bolt assembly with 416 stainless steel bolt and precision ground tool steel guide rails for strength and smooth, reliable, functionality. In addition, the AR-22 SBX includes a forged charging handle with our tactical latch. Each conversion is shipped with a 10 or 25** round Black Dog Machine magazine.

It allows you to have a suppressor on that doesn't stick way out without the SBR stamp. Like this model below
AR22TacSolSBX8websized.jpg

The barrel is .92 diameter and this is a 50yrd group
AR22TacSolSBX18websized.jpg

The Barrel nut is permanently attached so any rail system would need to be one that attaches to a standard barrel nut.

Last edited:
whats the price and what does it come with? I may be interested if its worth while.
Its a completed upper, bolt, charging handle and all. The top pic is what it would look like. Price is the best a dealer can give us, I have asked CCF if he could look into it, but others dealers are welcome to look into it.

Well, the SBX barrel streets for around $260 so add another hundred on top of that for the receiver, another hundred or so for the BCG....them you've got a rail, soooo....I'd say $550ish?

me too. I dont want to buy another handguard, id rather pay a few more dollars to get it right the first time. whould whoud be doing the bolt?

Well, the SBX barrel streets for around $260 so add another hundred on top of that for the receiver, another hundred or so for the BCG....them you've got a rail, soooo....I'd say $550ish?

I would honestly just want the barrel, but it appears they only sell it as a complete upper.

I have found it sold out at $570
A group buy in mid 2011 had it for $520 with one mag after 3 buyers jumped in

me too. I dont want to buy another handguard, id rather pay a few more dollars to get it right the first time. whould whoud be doing the bolt?

Everybody is going to want their own rails, why not just install your own, its easy as pie. I'm not sure what you mean by the bolt? the OP and description reads
It includes our CNC machined bolt assembly with 416 stainless steel bolt and precision ground tool steel guide rails for strength and smooth, reliable, functionality.

Lax you will have to forgive me. Does this have to have a SBR stamp or pin and go. Thats what i have been looking for.

No the shroud brings it to 16" but the barrel "ends" at 12" with threads on it so a can slips into the shroud and screws on. So with a can you hit about 16.5" instead of having a rifle with a 16.5" barrel with 6 inches of can on the end of it.

The OP reads
This gives the user all the advantages of a short barreled rifle without the time consuming and costly SBR paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom