Any ideas on keeping your property secure from poachers/ trespassers?

If you have land near residential areas, you will get trespassers. I work from home, and I still have to deal with it although rarely these days since word has gotten out with the constant sound of gunfire. :becky:

Definitely put up the no trespassing signs. If you have to call out law enforcement, it helps them deal with the trespassers. Also be aware that the first time trespasser will get a warning. If they get caught a second time, then you can prosecute.

Regarding the trail cams, you can put them out but lock them down, camouflage them, and make them difficult to get to - like higher up in the tree. Make a cheapie sacrifice camera easy to find, and hide the more expensive ones.

Nothing. If people want to come explore they will. There is nothing you can do about. Enjoy the property. Hate to be negative, but georgia real estate law allow residents to walk across your property if they have been doing it regularly b4 your purchase.

Nothing. If people want to come explore they will. There is nothing you can do about. Enjoy the property. Hate to be negative, but georgia real estate law allow residents to walk across your property if they have been doing it regularly b4 your purchase.
That is a HUGE oversimplification of prescriptive easement law (which is what I assume you are referencing). If you buy land, and people are tresspassing for recreation you absolutely can stop it dead in it's tracks regardless of how long it's been going on. PE law deals primarily with access issues to THEIR property, not yours.

I had a similar problem. You can most definitely stop it, and the sheriff's department will be happy to assist you.

Would like to make friemds with the closest neighbor but the guy is such a disgusting hoarder that the property owners that sold it to my relative had to give the guy .6 acres because he had dumped so much crap on it.

The prop owners built a fence for us with provisions to hang privacy sheeting..

They should have made the hoarder do it and pay for it as a thanks for the free property.

Back
Top Bottom