Any ideas on keeping your property secure from poachers/ trespassers?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
A relative of mine is getting a 30 acre tract up the road from me.

We are going to use it for big boy toy recreation, I/E hunting, camping, and trail riding as well as a private target range.

One side of the property borders a main road and is accessible through a locked gate.

One side borders a hunting property food plot....good for me as long as the come our way.

One side borders a road lined with homes with an access road to the back of the property in which we will put a locking gate.

So far we are thinking posted signs around the whole border, signs at the gates, and trail cams for hunting and surveillance.

Other than that I don't have any ideas and think that's about all we can do to keep people out.....the rest is up to them.

I'm willing to listen to any tactics that y'all might be doing to keep people out.

I don't expect to have much trouble but I'm just looking for some good ideas maybe on signage wording or visual warnings.....all legal and adult like of course.

Last edited:
Land mines and you will be able to hear them when they go off and can ride up and survey the damage.Other than that just keep and eye on traffic and tracks at the gates.You sir will have a full time job.Good luck.

Set up trip nets. Catch them up and turn em in. I hear you can also collect a reward. If the amazons can do it im sure you could figure it out.

A few 15 foot holes would work as well

Randomly placed bear traps near a residential area ****ing brilliant idea...
Please tell me you're kidding.

Really? Yep, let's just throw out some bear traps and let some kids get their feet chopped off. The fact that you even had to question if it was a joke is laughable.

Put some fishing line trip wires attached to cans with rocks in them or something else that will make a lot of noise. People sneaking in will set off the "alarm" and it should scare them away. Most folks would think they were about to walk up on a pot field or something, and will probably get the hell outta there and fast.

Back
Top Bottom