Any ideas on keeping your property secure from poachers/ trespassers?

On my land with no trespassing signs? Why? If it is, they are used for "bear" or "wild hog". Lol! Not my fault some bozo stepped in it.

You better make sure they aren't there all year then. Booby trapping is a felony, better not to risk that unless you have a fondness for buttsex.

Oh, please, please, please put up lots of signs and gates! You can be just like every other newbie who moves to the mountains! Posted signs are our state bird north of Atl. In fact, if you're really wanting to be noticed, have a sign company make you a couple of 4 x 8's. That'll show 'em! I think the agreed to distance between trees, for newbies, is about 30 feet. That way, as you drive by, you get a nice kinda pulse of red and black.

Marking your property line is always a good idea. For some reason, it seems to be unpopular in GA. How else is anyone going to know when they are trespassing if the property line isn't marked?

As for keeping others out, the only thing that works is to be there. Land that isn't used regularly by someone will be used by someone else.

Every time I see a posted sign I get to shaking in my boots ... Yea ... Signs ,and gates only keep honest people out . If someone wants to go out there they will I have been dealing with stuff like that on thousands ,and thousands of acres my whole life relax ,and enjoy the land ,and deal with problems as they happen . People lock the doors of their house ,and still get broke into so what is a sign ,and a gate gonna do for a piece of land you only go to every now ,and then ? Not a dang thing .

Try asking the local sheriffs department if they will help keep an eye on it. That's what we did for some family property in south Ga. They even stopped me one night leaving our property because the deputy didn't recognize the car I was in.

Try asking the local sheriffs department if they will help keep an eye on it. That's what we did for some family property in south Ga. They even stopped me one night leaving our property because the deputy didn't recognize the car I was in.

If you are pulling out of anywhere that is not a house in south Ga with a car your getting pulled over .. Cars ,and south ga farms = thief or yankee either is wrong .lol

this..

Attachments

• $T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8HBKBQ!PR6)jH!~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8HBKBQ!PR6)jH!~~60_57.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 14
  • mIRzmaHiv_nwM4oVeCf6UVQ.jpg
    mIRzmaHiv_nwM4oVeCf6UVQ.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 45
  • trespassorsviolated.gif
    trespassorsviolated.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 45
Back