• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any downside to a trade for this G43?

The gas system isn't fragile and neither is the rifle. It will be slightly "over gassed" for some of the hotter milsurp available now using the original tap and piston. The over gassed issue presents with a popped safety selector if you are lucky, a cracked bolt housing if you aren't. You'll want to examine it closely for stress fractures. Remember most of these were put to hard use on the Eastern Front.
I recommend Rob Applegate's "shooters kit" if you do shoot it. I handload for mine using pulled down components to about 2,050 fps. I find that fine for accuracy at 100-200 yards using 198 grain bullets. If the one offered for trade is all matching, even with a sanded stock, I'd do it all day. If it's not matching numbers, it's still a fair trade for a shooter.

T
The gas system isn't fragile and neither is the rifle. It will be slightly "over gassed" for some of the hotter milsurp available now using the original tap and piston. The over gassed issue presents with a popped safety selector if you are lucky, a cracked bolt housing if you aren't. You'll want to examine it closely for stress fractures. Remember most of these were put to hard use on the Eastern Front.
I recommend Rob Applegate's "shooters kit" if you do shoot it. I handload for mine using pulled down components to about 2,050 fps. I find that fine for accuracy at 100-200 yards using 198 grain bullets. If the one offered for trade is all matching, even with a sanded stock, I'd do it all day. If it's not matching numbers, it's still a fair trade for a shooter.

Thanks, my buddy has one and I'm eager to learn more about these. One reason I love this forum.

Well the Facebook guy has not returned numerous PMs and Emails so I think this unicorn escaped. I even offered to add my M1917 Eddystone in lieu of cash and nothing.

I'll give him until tonight then relist the Garand: From his last PM Thursday evening:
The lighting is not working out very well in here tonight. I'll take it to work with me tomorrow and get some decent pictures. But I must admit, I'm getting a touch of sellers remorse, I'll try to see it through though.

Great news! Facebook guy reemerged, said he just noticed this morning

"that none of my emails from my phone were sending to you, for some reason, nor were my Facebook messages. Im very sorry I didn't notice that sooner. Ill just use my work computer to communicate now.
I need the cash more than another gun, due to some med bills for my daughter, and trying to build a house, so at this point, I need to stick to a strictly cash sale."

He said he just wants to sell so I'm sending him a check! Should have it soon. He is including a new spring kit! Time to order ammo and Rob Applegate's "shooters kit"

Glad I didn't burn the bridge. He seems like a nice guy. He's just gotten into CMP competitions.

Thanks Palmettomon!

That's great news! When you get ready to shoot that, try pulled down Yugo 50's bullets and get some boxer primed cases (for convenience).
The 198 grain yugo bullet delivers great performance and has no steel in its construction. It even has a crimp groove.

You will enjoy shooting that scarce rifle!

That's great news! When you get ready to shoot that, try pulled down Yugo 50's bullets and get some boxer primed cases (for convenience).
The 198 grain yugo bullet delivers great performance and has no steel in its construction. It even has a crimp groove.

You will enjoy shooting that scarce rifle!

I'm not a reloader yet, so I'll try some Privi. Unless you know someone kind enough to sell me some? I'd bring all my expended 8mm brass as an incentive. Don't know if it's reloadable, some Turk and some Romanian brass. I'm just up the road in McDonough. Could meet in Forsyth during lunch.

Back
Top Bottom