• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any bucks in velvet pics?

On the hoof or field dressed? Not a big rack, but he looked like he had some meat on him
field dressed.. he looked like a cow. He's on the right. Not big compared to what I've killed since. And I'm still waiting on more from the taxidermist. My other walls are full too and I told my wife I got to build another wall in the middle of my living room to hang more on
20210709_211436.jpg

No it’s a SigSaur 716tread .308, the MSR’s are nice guns though my cousin has one and it’s every bit as high quality as my Sig. I believe they’re also about the same price roughly.

I have one…I like it but have only shot steel with it…I should take it hunting this year

I have one…I like it but have only shot steel with it…I should take it hunting this year
I prefer a 150gr Hornady American whitetail but any lead soft point will do like core/lokt, federal, and Norma whitetail to name a few I have personally used. Ballistic tips are also nice I’m just never shooting farther than 100 yards so I personally don’t bother with them. Hell a regular cheap 147gr FMJ will drop a deer in its tracks if you hit him the neck or high shoulder/spine.

Here's a closeup of a young one in velvet, and "my" three legged doe. She has twins again this year, which is pretty good for a deer that can't put weight on that leg. Guess she can't outrun the bucks, either. Best we can tell, she has at least five offspring, and at least one grand-deer, but maybe quite a few more. We are guessing, based on how comfortable some seem to be with particular others.
DSC01465.JPG

DSC01458.JPG

Back
Top Bottom